Home

How to clean mud from a white shirt?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:41 pm
I already sprayed it with oxi clean, scrubbed it, and machine washed it. Some of it came out, but not all. I didn't put it in the dryer. What can I do to get it out? Thanks!
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:49 pm
pour detergent with bleach over the stain.

then put the shirt in a bucket of cold water and let it soak for 12 hours (overnight).
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:02 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
pour detergent with bleach over the stain.

then put the shirt in a bucket of cold water and let it soak for 12 hours (overnight).

To clarify, do I mix regular detergent like Tide powder with bleach or do I need a special liquid detergent that comes with bleach? The stain is basically the whole front of the shirt. Can't Believe It
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I already sprayed it with oxi clean, scrubbed it, and machine washed it. Some of it came out, but not all. I didn't put it in the dryer. What can I do to get it out? Thanks!

Make shirt fully wet in a clean sink or tub. Put some Dawn (or other) dish soap on the palms of you hands and spread and rub the soap into the stains. Let sit.
Scrub out stains with a soft cleaning toothbrush in the AM. Rinse and check to make sure stain is out, otherwise start again.
Once stain is out, rinse soap out completely (suds hurt HE washing machines). Then put the wet shirt into the washing machine and wash as usual.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To clarify, do I mix regular detergent like Tide powder with bleach or do I need a special liquid detergent that comes with bleach? The stain is basically the whole front of the shirt. Can't Believe It


Use a detergent that comes with bleach, like Tide.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:35 am
Thank you both!!
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you both!!


If using powder detergent w/bleach, add a little water to make a paste and rub into the stain.

Don't rinse the detergent off - just soak the shirt in cold water overnight.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:59 am
Thank you!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO New-ish very clean hotel in monsey nj area
by amother
5 Yesterday at 7:32 pm View last post
Inexpensive everyday mens white shirts
by amother
18 Yesterday at 7:00 pm View last post
Low carb and fodmaps hi protein breakfast besides egg white?
by amother
18 Yesterday at 2:17 pm View last post
Best way to get stain out of off white dress?
by benny
8 Yesterday at 9:46 am View last post
Getting stains out of white pique/mesh polo shirts
by amother
4 Yesterday at 8:10 am View last post