Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What went wrong in Texas?
  1  2  3  10  11  12  Next

GetReal

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:35 pm
Why are they reporting that the shooter went right by a guard, and that police stayed outside the building while parents were begging them to do something, or begging to go inside themselves? I’m sick over this!

#BestBubby

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:40 pm
I think government is going to try to cover this up.

But I have been hearing this too - that 40 police stood outside for over an hour - even though
everyone heard shots being fired in the school!

THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED - NO PENSION!

DId some Superior order them not to enter the building???

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:42 pm
They went in after 60 minutes!!!!

hodeez

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:09 pm
They were waiting for a key 🙄🙄

number

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:09 pm
I’m struggling to understand how the shooter got in the building in the first place. There were many failures on many levels. Absolutely heartbreaking.

jkl

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:13 pm
I think we should wait for the investigation to be completed before jumping to conclusions.

Here's another version of events: "They responded within minutes but were met with gunfire and he locked himself in the classroom behind a SOLID STEEL DOOR. The cops tried entry through the windows but were shot at again. Many cops were shot and wounded!!! It's absolutely disgusting to lie and say they 'waited outside' for 90 minutes when they were risking their lives trying everything to save those children. The cops pictured were securing the scene but there's plenty inside the school!!"

jkl

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:15 pm
jkl wrote:
I think we should wait for the investigation to be completed before jumping to conclusions.

Here's another version of events: "They responded within minutes but were met with gunfire and he locked himself in the classroom behind a SOLID STEEL DOOR. The cops tried entry through the windows but were shot at again. Many cops were shot and wounded!!! It's absolutely disgusting to lie and say they 'waited outside' for 90 minutes when they were risking their lives trying everything to save those children. The cops pictured were securing the scene but there's plenty inside the school!!"

Also to add that a few of the cops on scene had their own children in that school. You think they were just sitting by waiting idly for orders?

GetReal

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:16 pm
jkl wrote:

That in itself would be a failure. 90 minutes to find a key? There have to be protocols in place!

Are you basing this on something or you’re guessing what might have happened?

jkl

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:20 pm
GetReal wrote:
That in itself would be a failure. 90 minutes to find a key? There have to be protocols in place!

Are you basing this on something or you’re guessing what might have happened?

I'm just copying other versions that are being publicly posted elsewhere. All I am saying is that before we crucify the response, lets wait for the investigation to be completed. Initial information has been proven to be wrong many many times

number

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:22 pm
jkl wrote:
I'm just copying other versions that are being publicly posted elsewhere. All I am saying is that before we crucify the response, lets wait for the investigation to be completed. Initial information has been proven to be wrong many many times
At the end of the day, for a tragedy to happen of this magnitude there were many mistakes. Starting with the shooter being able to not only get into the school building, but into a classroom, and be able to barricade himself in. I hope all schools in the country learn from this.

gande

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:23 pm
By the time they came he was locked into the class and probably finished shooting everyone so the focused on keeping all the other classes safe. On the other hand, if they would have went in faster they might have gotten some of the kids wounded kids out alive. So heartbreaking. Also I read that the police said from behind the door “yell if you need help “and a hidden girl yelled and then got shot. That is gross incompetence.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 3:37 pm
Unbelievable incompetence and cowardice by the police. Every detail I read is worse and worse. But they will face zero real consequences because that's what police are there for. They took it to the supreme court to uphold that they have zero obligation to protect people. And in this case, they took it a step further by handcuffing and pinning down parents who were trying to actually get in the building, while they sat around for an hour while the guy shot kid after kid. One kid died because she was trying to call 911. For police who were already right there outside, patting themselves on the back for "containing [the shooter] in the classroom." The classroom where all the kids are! I can't even make sense of how unbelievable it is. Luckily 40% of Uvalde's entire budget goes to police. All that money, but a locked door is all it takes to render them completely useless? And they went against pretty much every protocol in place for an active shooter situation. It's mind-boggling.

sky

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:02 pm
There are reports that cops went in to get only their kids. While other parents were held back. It doesn’t make sense.

They are reporting the husband of the teacher with 4 kids died of a heart attack

Fox

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:06 pm
It's probably too early to speculate. If you recall, the details of the law enforcement response to the Parkland shooting didn't emerge until months later. But it definitely seems as if the police department was unprepared for such a situation.

Rubies

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:16 pm
Does anyone think a privately funded police force would be more effective?

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:21 pm
I still cannot wrap my head around how such a thing can happen. How did he get into the school? With a gun? How, oh how, were 21 people, 19 children killed? How can such a thing happen? I cannot understand it.
And the media & government are talking about it with such cavalier attitude as if what happened is not that big of a deal.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:34 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I still cannot wrap my head around how such a thing can happen. How did he get into the school? With a gun? How, oh how, were 21 people, 19 children killed? How can such a thing happen? I cannot understand it.
And the media & government are talking about it with such cavalier attitude as if what happened is not that big of a deal.

“If only the country would focus on gun control and not abortions then this would never have happened”

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:39 pm
number wrote:
I’m struggling to understand how the shooter got in the building in the first place. There were many failures on many levels. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I’ve seen it reported that the door through which he entered was unlocked.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 4:56 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Who is being cavalier about it?? Scratching Head

number

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:20 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’ve seen it reported that the door through which he entered was unlocked.
I just read that the doors were unlocked that particular day because there were graduation parties and people were coming and going all day. But on a day like that you need to have extra security.

I think the school had a safety plan and they usually followed it. But they got careless because it was the end of the year and it was a special day.
Page 1 of 12   1  2  3  10  11  12  Next Recent Topics