Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How to make it out of this month alive!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:47 pm
Im broke broke broke ! Can't Believe It
I have $494.38 in my bank account.
I don't get paid for another 3 weeks. So this has to last me until then (gas, food, shavuos, car payment)

No CC debt because I borrowed money from my daughter's account and will bl"n put it back.
1. Personal debt: $2,452.21 ... I'm getting paid for something next week so I will be able to put back $170.00
2. I owe my father: $4,820

Shavuos is next week.
DH just started a new job apprenticing for the past two weeks and got paid 150$ a day. All that money went to pay our accountant who just did our taxes.

Rent is due Sunday, thats $2,000. No, apartments aren't cheaper where I live.
Car payment and insurance is due Sunday. $355.

I will have to do shavuos shopping on my CC until I get paid.
I dont wan't to go shopping until next Thursday, so I need dinner ideas out of what I have in my fridge.

I am DROWNING!!!!

Oh and I'm a SLP!! Jokes on me!!! And I have over 90k in loans to pay back.

Any ideas of how I can make more money on the side?
DH is starting work on monday IYH!!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:54 pm
Oh and we don't give maaser atm.
DH has 1k on his CC to pay back (one of which was an uncovered medical procedure he needed done).

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:57 pm
May your husband be successful in his new job.
Sorry things are so stressful at the moment

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:01 pm
I understand you and know how you feel. I hope you that things will get better IY"H soon. Hoping for ourselves too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:04 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I understand you and know how you feel. I hope you that things will get better IY"H soon. Hoping for ourselves too.

Amen, likewise.
And I only have one baby atm.
How can I have more kids if I cant even afford to put food on the table?
How do you handle it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:06 pm
Can someone clue me in- I look at people who own houses, are making chasunas, bar mitzvahs- how do they do it?

We literally do not have the money to do any of that now. Married 3 years and its been tight like this since day one

English3

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:07 pm
I am sorry it's so hard for you right now, when I am in a pickle I put a penny in the pushka and talk my heart out to Hashem. And then look out for His answer, BH I always have seen wonderful yeshuos.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:09 pm
English3 wrote:
I am sorry it's so hard for you right now, when I am in a pickle I put a penny in the pushka and talk my heart out to Hashem. And then look out for His answer, BH I always have seen wonderful yeshuos.

I will try that.
I feel that when I was single I had such a deep connection with hashem... I got married had a baby straight away and life gets busy... I use to daven mincha after candle lighting... now im busy cleaning up toys and putting my baby to sleep or feeding her supper.

I have to rekindle a connection with hashem

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:10 pm
Oh I wish I knew how to ease your burden…I’ll never forget when DH started a new business and didn’t make barely a penny of profit for the first 2 years. He would tell me oh btw dear there’s $0 in the bank account so don’t go shopping” how did I handle it? I cried. A lot.
Our situation turned around BH eventually but I will never ever forget those days.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:13 pm
We’re in a similar boat. But with 3 kids and BH a wonderful surprise on the way. We are not making it by a long shot and I oftentimes just feel despair. Hugs, it’s really hard.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone clue me in- I look at people who own houses, are making chasunas, bar mitzvahs- how do they do it?

We literally do not have the money to do any of that now. Married 3 years and its been tight like this since day one

You have awhile til all that. I’m married 18 years. Two years ago, during Covid we were both on unemployment. Now we make $300k. Things can turn around in a second. Have faith! (And patience!)

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:14 pm
OP, can I please have your name and your husbands - with mothers, if you are okay, but without if not? I would like to daven for you and your husband to have increased parnassa.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:27 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
OP, can I please have your name and your husbands - with mothers, if you are okay, but without if not? I would like to daven for you and your husband to have increased parnassa.

that is so nice of u Crying Crying
my mothers names is quite unique im scared to out myself about how poor I am lol

just daven for "amother OP" hashem will know who u are talking about Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:28 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
You have awhile til all that. I’m married 18 years. Two years ago, during Covid we were both on unemployment. Now we make $300k. Things can turn around in a second. Have faith! (And patience!)

Wow. What do you guys do?
Can you believe im a speech therapist.... so upsetting why I went into this field

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:28 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Oh I wish I knew how to ease your burden…I’ll never forget when DH started a new business and didn’t make barely a penny of profit for the first 2 years. He would tell me oh btw dear there’s $0 in the bank account so don’t go shopping” how did I handle it? I cried. A lot.
Our situation turned around BH eventually but I will never ever forget those days.

So much of my shalom bayis issues stem from finances.
Are you doing better now?

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:35 pm
Op we were in your situation the first few years after our wedding. We amassed over 10k in credit card debt because we couldn’t afford life on our meager paycheck. We had our first 2 kids really close in age so that didn’t help either.

Let’s just say thing turned around for use about 5-6 year after our wedding and we’re bh comfortable now. Hashem can change your parnassah in a heartbeat, you just gotta believe it. Hope it happens really soon!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:38 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Op we were in your situation the first few years after our wedding. We amassed over 10k in credit card debt because we couldn’t afford life on our meager paycheck. We had our first 2 kids really close in age so that didn’t help either.

Let’s just say thing turned around for use about 5-6 year after our wedding and we’re bh comfortable now. Hashem can change your parnassah in a heartbeat, you just gotta believe it. Hope it happens really soon!

I hope it does get better.
I feel terrible I borrowed money from my babys account and from my father.
Another reason why Im not getting pregnant atm is bc of my anxiety and stress

I hope to believe it bezh it will change for us!

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:23 pm
Hey, fellow poor SLP here.....I totally get you!! Hopefully your dh's parnassah will have lots of success!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:29 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
Hey, fellow poor SLP here.....I totally get you!! Hopefully your dh's parnassah will have lots of success!

my friends in kollel make more money than I do.
seriously, what do I do with 494.38 in my bank account?
I didnt even begin to pay back my loans

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh and we don't give maaser atm.
DH has 1k on his CC to pay back (one of which was an uncovered medical procedure he needed done).

Im not q rav obviously but when we were drowning financially we made a commitment to be really careful about paying maaser. We ain't rich but we have what we need. Every time our finances slip I realize we fell behind on maaser.

It makes no logical sense to have more after giving hundreds of dollars but im far from the only one with this experience. SLP...kollel....its all the same in the eyes of Hashem. May your yeshua come quickly. I've lived through real poverty and I know how crushing it it. Thinking of you.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics