Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Being paranormal

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 2:21 pm
So I'm really curious what chazal or rabbonim say about people who are paranormal.
And I don't mean people who do ''cold reading'' right. I mean my mother has this friend a non-Jewish friend let's call her Margreth and a few months before I met my husband she said to my mum ''Esther will meet a man from another country and she will settle down with him and get children''.
She sometimes said to my mom ''Did Esther already meet that lad?'' ''no'' ''She will meet him''. When I met him, my mom showed him his picture and she said 'Ah, yeah... that was the boy I saw all the time around her''.
But there is more, when my grandfather passed away, she happened to see that. And at one point when my grandma was moving to a nursing home this friend (who never was at my grandparent's house) told my mom ''You father wants you to go to this room, and in that closet, you will find a cap and two scarfs, he wants you to have them''. My mom went to the closet and there were indeed two scarfs and a cap. When my mom is kvetching that I'm a BT and so frum and so chareidi she tells her ''Esther's task is to heal the wounds of the war it's really hard for her'' ''but why with a wig and all that and being so restricted'' ''there is were your roots are from that is the deepest roots she is returning to''.
My mother is not always in contact with her. But since my brother in law passing, I'm so curious if she has seen things. I don't think so though... I think he left her alone. And also I know it's assur to ask her if she sees things with my husband or with me right... But I'm still puzzled with Jewish sources of people who are gifted like that, and some other personal experiences with people who happen to know more.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 3:17 pm
Chazal say repeatedly to get rid of witches. There’s other sources that say to get rid of people who can tell the future. Or necromancies. Or other types of sorcery.

It doesn’t say that it’s not possible or always fraud. It says that we don’t go to these people or use them to “help” us because that’s in direct violation of believing Hashem runs the world.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 3:28 pm
So cool! I don't know if she qualifies as a witch. You can ask a rabbi.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics