Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How Much Did You Lose on Keto?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 1:39 am
Considering Keto. I cook healthy food whenever I cook bt there Is food we have in the house from ith wer sources that end up being convenience food or emotional eating food. I want to chuck it all and do keto...need a bit of 'convincing'

For those who do it already or have done it before:

What did you weigh before you started (& height?)
How much did you lose?
Over how much time?
Are you still doing it? If so, what is your end goal

I want to feel better and definitely need to shed the pounds!

theoneandonly

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:25 am
Lost a bunch, gained it all back...

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:30 am
May 11/17 315 pounds
August 2017 fifty pounds down
Sometime by March2018 80 down

Over the next couple of years, lost about thirty more. Maintaining at about 100-110 down

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:46 am
Keto works and works well but there is no after. If you stop eating keto you gain it all back. You need to decide how you want to eat forever, not how you want to eat until the weight drops.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:57 am
andrea levy wrote:
May 11/17 315 pounds
August 2017 fifty pounds down
Sometime by March2018 80 down

Over the next couple of years, lost about thirty more. Maintaining at about 100-110 down

Thank you! This is helpful!

Do you have meal plan ideas?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:05 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
Keto works and works well but there is no after. If you stop eating keto you gain it all back. You need to decide how you want to eat forever, not how you want to eat until the weight drops.

This. I could not keep this up. And I didn't feel good doing it either. I did lose quite a bit in the couple weeks I did it, but as soon as I stopped all those pounds came back as quickly as they had left. If you're going to do this, plan to do it forever.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Considering Keto. I cook healthy food whenever I cook bt there Is food we have in the house from ith wer sources that end up being convenience food or emotional eating food. I want to chuck it all and do keto...need a bit of 'convincing'

For those who do it already or have done it before:

What did you weigh before you started (& height?)
How much did you lose?
Over how much time?
Are you still doing it? If so, what is your end goal

I want to feel better and definitely need to shed the pounds!

I lost over 70 lbs. Amazing, no hunger or cravings! Best food plan ever!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! This is helpful!

Do you have meal plan ideas?

Please pm me your email. I’ll send you the nsng pdf.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:18 am
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
I lost over 70 lbs. Amazing, no hunger or cravings! Best food plan ever!

Thank you for your response!
If you dont mind sharing, how much was your start and end/maintained weight? How long did it take?
Any cheats at all to help maintain?

Thanks!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:19 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:

This is true of literally every way to lose weight.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:25 am
andrea levy wrote:
This is true of literally every way to lose weight.

Yup. Its a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Think of it this way (not you, the other poster/s): Kosher is a lifestyle change. We dont break it. Hopefully the other new lifestyle change will stick. Reap the benefits and enjoy the better quality of life.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 1:24 am
Hi all, I have some more questions. I've been incorporating more protein into diet and started cutting out some other foods. The high fat is hard for me. I don't really eat many nuts or dairy products. I eat salmon or tuna as fish and chicken + sometimes beef for fleishig. Coconut oil and olive oil I have but how much and how to use?

Re exercise, how many min per day is normal? I started doing 30-40 min at night and swimming after. I don't know how sporty swimming is if I'm not the best at laps.
Any idea if this is enough? I don't get too much exercise during the day, my hands are full without going too far

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 2:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all, I have some more questions. I've been incorporating more protein into diet and started cutting out some other foods. The high fat is hard for me. I don't really eat many nuts or dairy products. I eat salmon or tuna as fish and chicken + sometimes beef for fleishig. Coconut oil and olive oil I have but how much and how to use?

Re exercise, how many min per day is normal? I started doing 30-40 min at night and swimming after. I don't know how sporty swimming is if I'm not the best at laps.
Any idea if this is enough? I don't get too much exercise during the day, my hands are full without going too far

You don’t need to overeat fat. Just don t be afraid to use it.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Working out 2-3 times a week should be enough. (besides for daily walks - can be done doing errands)

You should give your body enough rest days to recover

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 4:45 pm
thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise