Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
What are you serving 1st meal Shavuot (erev)?
1  2  Next

estreya

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 2:23 pm
So Shabbat doesn't end for where I reside until after 9:30 pm -- by the time table is set and food is fully warm, it will be well after 10 PM this year.

Trying to get an idea of what people are serving at this late hour Confused . Going to bed after having had a full fleishig yomtov meal isn't going to sit well with most (of my) family members.

Last edited by estreya on Sun, May 29 2022, 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Apple

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 2:23 pm
Ugh yes so late.

Taco salad + meat

Done and done

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 2:25 pm
We'll eat at about 5/6pm on shabbos and then only eat as much as we need at the late night seuda. I'm serving steak slices over salad at the night meal.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 2:46 pm
Asparagus soup, fried salmon with rice and mushrooms. Second night the same but mashed potatoes. That's it.

Last edited by rainbow dash on Sun, May 29 2022, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:03 pm
Food that doesn't need to be heated.
London broil salad and schnitzel.
Sometimes we do deli roll though.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:06 pm
estreya wrote:
So Shabbat doesn't end for where I reside until after 9:30 pm -- by the time table is set and food is fully warm, it will be well after 10 PM this year.

Trying to get an idea of what people are serving at this late hour Confused . Going to bed after having had a full fleishig yomtov meal isn't going to sit well with most (of my) family members.

My meal (my whole menu actually) is posted in the shavuos 2022/5782 thread. It’s a dairy meal, mostly light food.
Fish appetizer
Onion soup
Ziti
Blintzes
Garlic pasta (gluten free, for me)
Brussels sprouts
Kugel or potatoes

s1

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:08 pm
Nacht here is after 10.30!!
I serve a parev soup (vegetable), some sort of fish with rice/potatoes and veg, cheesecake for dessert if anyone still has space.

mommyhood

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:10 pm
We eat a milchig meal. I think I’m doing fruit soup, pasta and salmon maybe some side dish and a salad or vegetable.
The men and big boys stay up for at least a few hours after the meal the first night so we make it filling. Second night I sometimes go with a hearty soup and challah since by then we’ve had enough of food.

Last edited by mommyhood on Sun, May 29 2022, 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:20 pm
Milchik. Linguini with pesto. Cheesecake (or ice cream). That's plenty, it's late.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:22 pm
It's SOOO late but the men and older boys will be staying up anyway so they could use something solid.

We follow the Rambam's shita that we need bassar and yayin at Yom Tov day seudos so we have milchigs at night.

We're starting the seuda with fruit - melon or smoothies. Then we'll have salmon and a make-your-own salad bar: bowls of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, pepper, corn, roasted sweet potato, shredded cheese, hard boiled egg, and croutons. This can be served quickly and will be eaten while the rest of the meal heats.
Then probably soup (I have to poll my family to see if they want but they usually do) which is the end of the meal for some of the family, followed by lasagna and roasted broccoli (with and without cheese).

Dessert will be ice cream with toppings but everyone is usually too full. My younger kids 'claim' their ice cream Yom Tov morning.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:43 pm
I’m making full YT meal
Morrocan fish - plated with all the veggies and chickpeas
Dips on the table

For the main
Tongue
Onion makshi - stuffed onions (store bought)
Yebra - stuffed grape leaves (store bought)
Rice
Hamoud - a lemony sauce that has potatoes celery, celery root, kibbe balls - (store bought)
Bamya - stewed okra - not sure if I’m making this yet

Dessert is assorted mini pastries and whatever else my guest bring
We are Sephardic.can you tell by the menu.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:45 pm

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:42 am
bagels
lox
salad

salt

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:43 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
bagels
lox
salad

Yum, can I come Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:51 am
salt wrote:
Yum, can I come Smile
Very Happy

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:17 am
Dairy

imaima

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 2:47 am
estreya wrote:

I don’t think we will be having a „full meal“. I have a strong desire to just go to bed for the night

DVOM

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 3:26 am
At my husband's request, we will be serving veggie omelettes and matza with dips, pancakes and ice cream for the kids, coffee and cake. That's it!

essie14

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 5:14 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
bagels
lox
salad

That's what we are having!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 5:23 am
essie14 wrote:
That's what we are having!
😁