Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Scar cream that really works
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:31 pm
My gc fell in school and now has stitches above the eyebrow.
Are there any scar creams that really work
Only recommend if you tried it
Also all tips for the least amount of scarring
TIA

amother
Birch

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:40 pm
Bio oil

Hadasah

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:42 pm
Mederma

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:54 pm
Besides for cream- Keep it covered from the sun!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:59 pm
Hadasah wrote:
Mederma

You’ve tried it and it really worked?
He just got stitches today
Need to heal first
But mom wants to be ready for when Dr. gives the green light

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:02 pm
I got a scar cream from the plastic surgeon who did my son’s stitches. It’s very important to keep it covered from the sun to prevent scarring. My son had a bandaid across his forehead the whole summer after his stitches.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:03 pm
Vitamin E capsules, puncture a tiny hole and squeeze out the liquid and shmear it on.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:03 pm
mederma. I tried it and it worked but not 100%

chick567

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:04 pm
Stratoderm.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:09 pm
Sun screen and coverage is a must for a year after stitches. Massage the healed scar to attain optimal smoothness/flatness of scar. Silicone scar patches were highly recommended to my son after a very big scar post surgery.

Surrendered

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:33 pm
I'm surprised that no one mentioned the MR aftercare cream.
Mrs. Rosenfeld a"h created several powerful formulas that heals burns, cellulitis, cuts, scrapes, bruises and more.
The skin healing cream by MR, is amazing for immediate care until it heals (burns, stitches). Aftercare cream heals scars.
My DS has impetigo for a while, it keeps spreading and I couldn't get rid of it. I called one of the volunteers who works with Mrs. Rosenfeld's methods, she sold me a cream which is a mix of several of her ingredients. After the first use of applying the cream, it dried up. Second time it's almost gone bh.
You can buy it in Health food stores.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:03 pm
It is on the expensive side, but it does the trick. La Mer the Concentrate. It does miracles.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:11 pm
The cream itself is less important than massaging it as often as possible. I use Palmers coconut butter and try for at least a few minutes once or twice a day. Unfortunately most of my children won’t agree to sit down and let me do it or do it themselves so they just have scars but the ones that have it was a noticeable difference.

pause

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:13 pm
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
The cream itself is less important than massaging it as often as possible. I use Palmers coconut butter and try for at least a few minutes once or twice a day. Unfortunately most of my children won’t agree to sit down and let me do it or do it themselves so they just have scars but the ones that have it was a noticeable difference.

I came to say this. Massaging it as often as possible is really what does the trick. It brings blood flow to the area which aids the skin tissue to heal and regrow.

Hadasah

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You’ve tried it and it really worked?
He just got stitches today
Need to heal first
But mom wants to be ready for when Dr. gives the green light

Not on A scar from stitches ever bh, but yes, on scars that seemed they'll never go away and they did. Perhaps stitches might need something stronger but you can give it a try.
Good luck!

Hadasah

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:46 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Mrs. Rosenfeld a"h created several powerful formulas that heals burns, cellulitis, cuts, scrapes, bruises and more.
The skin healing cream by MR, is amazing for immediate care until it heals (burns, stitches). Aftercare cream heals scars.
My DS has impetigo for a while, it keeps spreading and I couldn't get rid of it. I called one of the volunteers who works with Mrs. Rosenfeld's methods, she sold me a cream which is a mix of several of her ingredients. After the first use of applying the cream, it dried up. Second time it's almost gone bh.

I was wondering if MR has anything for scars...the MR Products are miracles! Wonders of Hashems nature.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:11 am
No sun. Suntan lotion daily. Hats.

(Sometimes they just disappear after a while depending on skill of stitcher. My dd had large cut under her eye brow. She was young and didn’t let us put anything on it. It disappeared within a year or two bH)

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:45 am
amother [ Bone ] wrote:

Wow, I did not know this. Think it would help to massage an almost 3 year old forehead stitches scar at this point?

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 11:23 am
Haven't read all replies. There's a plastic surgeon in Dr zegelbaums office in Williamsburg. She has her own recipe for scarring cream. T'Worked beautiful for my nephew.
Also, it depends if the wound is against grain of skin. And try to protect from Sun

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 11:29 am
Surrendered wrote:
This! Tried and true! For burns and for stiches on the face.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics