Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone else lose their period after having Covid?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:38 pm
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I never got my period again after having Covid 1.5 years ago. The following month it never came and I never got it again. I’m in my low 40s. I went to gynecologist for my annual and they didn’t think much of it. Wondering if anyone else experienced this?

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:42 pm
Yes, but I was 48 when I got Covid (and 49 now) so it might have happened anyhow. I'll never know. It's just weird because I always heard that approaching menopause I might miss several periods but then get one, and then miss a few more and get one - that it was rarely just completely stop and that's that, but I'm almost approaching a full year now of no periods, so....???

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:46 pm
As far as I know menopause is like pregnancy- everyone experiences it differently. My guess would be coincidence too

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:50 pm
What did your dr say?

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:53 pm
Are you on any birth control ? Or change any birth control?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:03 am
I’m on birth control but had been getting my period regularly before I got Covid. I think I’m a little young for pre menopause. Dr. Didn’t have much to say about it and didn’t seem concerned. Didn’t seem to have an opinion on whether or not it was an after affect of Covid. They just don’t know. I guess if I was trying to get pregnant it would be more concerning?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:30 am
I only lost it for three months Cheers but then it came back Twisted Evil .

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m on birth control but had been getting my period regularly before I got Covid. I think I’m a little young for pre menopause. Dr. Didn’t have much to say about it and didn’t seem concerned. Didn’t seem to have an opinion on whether or not it was an after affect of Covid. They just don’t know. I guess if I was trying to get pregnant it would be more concerning?

What type of birth control are you on? Is it in IUD because I feel like that sometimes takes time anyway until you don't get it. And forties is definitely normal time to go through metaphors from what I understand.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:36 am
Extremely long cycles for 3 mos then I got pregnant. Late 20s

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:43 am
My gynecologist says she has an upswing of 40% of women who are experiencing irregular or no periods since corona. She speculates that among children who had it, there will be huge fertility issues in the next decade.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:44 am
Wow. Ok.

I’m on a regular pill.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 10:05 am
The opposite. It now varies from normal (heavy) flow, to a few drips during the day with no predictable pattern. After I had covid a few months ago it took about six weeks before I got a period, but since then it's barely stopped. I think the longest break I've had is about ten days.

Not currently married, so I don't keep track on detail, but if I was married it would have become a problem by now. Since I'm not, its 'only' a matter of my own health. And yes, I have a doctors appointment booked.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
My gynecologist says she has an upswing of 40% of women who are experiencing irregular or no periods since corona. She speculates that among children who had it, there will be huge fertility issues in the next decade.

I hope she's wrong.

Unfortunately she very likely is onto something. Here's hoping kids who were prepubertal when they had COVID-19 will be spared.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 10:15 am
I wonder if taking the antibody treatment would reduce the amount of people effected by this problem.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:06 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
I hope she's wrong.

Unfortunately she very likely is onto something. Here's hoping kids who were prepubertal when they had COVID-19 will be spared.

There are already numerous govt studies about the definite link between covid, the vaccine and women's menstrual cycles. Women were noticing heavy spotting etc (which causes shailos!!!!) but even teenagers were impacted....as were post-menopausal women.
Not to scare anyone, of course- just try to stay informed.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics