Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help bed bugs!!

ckoko

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 11:37 am
hi everyone!!
I desperately need advice for bed bugs! we found them in our house and I cant sleep ! Can't Believe It we are moving out in 3 weeks (not taking mattresses or linen, belongs to landlord) but how do I survive until then?? I dont want infestation to get out of hand , and I also dont want to take them with me C"V in our clothing and suitcases...any tips for this? any product you can recommend that is safe to use during pregnancy? we cannot afford an exterminator right now, and also there is no point really since we are leaving anyways...
thanks all!!

cupcake123

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 11:56 am
Oiy oiy I fell for you huge hugs!
Ask your landlord he should pay for it but you must get it treated BEFORE you move you dont want to chas veshalom bring it with you...

bunchagirlies

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:16 pm
depending on where you live, maybe, your landlord is probably required to pay for it. He'll have to anyway before the next tenant moves in. DO NOT MOVE BEFORE YOU ARE FULLY CLEAR!!!

Mermaidinexile

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:22 pm
Buy CIMEXA now!! It's non toxic for humans but lethal for beg bugs. Apply very lightly with a puffer or makeup brush. Use mask and gloves. You can get this on Amazon or at a hardware store. IT WORKS MAGIC.

The only other thing to do is bag everything for 6 weeks and get a professional exterminator. It's an absolute nightmare. We did that many years ago before cimexa. Then, a few years ago we brought them home from a hotel and the Cimexa saved our lives
I'd have a nervous breakdown if I'd have had to pack up everything again.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:26 pm
I believe your landlord is responsible for paying for the exterminator. And you have to move out for a few days usually.
I would take out everything you are keeping (laundry etc) and wash in super hot water, soap, long cycle, and hot dryer at a laundromat and leave it in bags outside the home. Anyone have a garage you can borrow? Only keep bare minimum home and do the wash/dryer the day you move out and dont bring in anything untreated to new place.
Dont forget blankets, stuffed animals, and anything with cloth.
Dont take any furniture with you unless it is professionally cleaned.
If landlord wont treat it - you need to toss furniture, suitcases (use garbage bags!) Etc.

So sorry you are going through this!! Major headache especially with a move coming up!

And never take in used furniture or clothing or anything with cloth without washing first before it touches your closet, carpets etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics