Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing games

boy oh boy

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:40 pm
I am trying to organize games (with game boards) whose boxes are long broken. Does anyone have any ideas? I measured my chess board and it's 15" long. and I'm having difficulty finding a container that can fit that. most good things are paper size. 8.5x11 or 12x12

Oldest

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:11 pm
What about the silicon ziplock bags? If they come in that size...

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:16 pm
Can you keep the original box and instead of stacking them line them up like books?

bigbird

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:26 pm
You can keep just the pieces in a small box or wallet and store the board vertically on its own.

boy oh boy

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:37 pm
the shelves where I keep games are wire and things always fall through if they're not in container. (my toys are in plastic containers from "The container store"

baltomom

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:43 pm
I reorganized my game closet several years ago using the ideas in this blog and it's terrific!
https://www.raisinglemons.com/.....tion/

Basically the pieces of each game are in a plastic drawer that can easily be removed and replaced. The boards are stored separately.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:09 pm
Another vote, though theoretical, for storing boards and pieces separately. I used to keep a small box like a baby shoe box or cigar box as a catchall for fugitive game pieces. If we had the "real" pieces, wonderful; if not, we went to the catchall box where we either found the original pieces or used whatever pieces were in the box. For many board games, all you really need is one die or a pair of dice plus identifiable pieces as markers for each player, and it doesn't matter if you're using a Monopoly shoe instead of a Chutes and Ladders "man." Of course, for Monopoly you do need the specific cards and play money and buildings and all.

If I had to do it over again I'd go with labeled ziplok bags for the pieces, "filed" in a large men's shoebox or other box of appropriate size.

givelove

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 9:06 pm
You could put all game pieces in containers, and then stack up the birds on one shelf

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:40 pm
These are great for games. A bit pricey but it’s large enough for the boards.
https://www.containerstore.com.....04054
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics