Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dishwasher- please share your experience
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:30 am
I’d like to buy one but for very light use, not like heavy every day use.
I hear the Mieles are top of the line but they are most expensive.
Are the others any good? am I paying just for the brand or is Miele really that much better?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:39 am
I have a Bosch dishwasher - this is my second. They are very reliable and very quiet.

They are not the most inexpensive but they are a bit less than Miele. Also they come in a range of prices and so you would not need the features of the most expensive one so you would still get the same quality and reliability.

I don't tend to use all of the cycles and options in my dishwasher as I generally just load it and then do a standard wash.

I do like the feature where there is a third tray on top where you load the flatware so that eliminates the baskets which take up a lot of space.

The other advantage of a Bosch is that there is no "heat" cycle so that you can load plastic anywhere and it won't melt.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:43 am
Amarante wrote:
I have a Bosch dishwasher - this is my second. They are very reliable and very quiet.

They are not the most inexpensive but they are a bit less than Miele. Also they come in a range of prices and so you would not need the features of the most expensive one so you would still get the same quality and reliability.

I don't tend to use all of the cycles and options in my dishwasher as I generally just load it and then do a standard wash.

I do like the feature where there is a third tray on top where you load the flatware so that eliminates the baskets which take up a lot of space.

The other advantage of a Bosch is that there is no "heat" cycle so that you can load plastic anywhere and it won't melt.

Thank you that’s very helpful.
Would love to hear from more!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:53 am
Amarante wrote:

Love my Bosch too BUT because it doesn't have that heat cycle, things tend to come out wet. This is not particular to Bosch. Seems like most newer models in an effort to be "green" just don't heat to dry. I overcome this by using the "sanitize" button which makes the water hotter and in turn seems to get the water to evaporate at the end of cycle just by it being hotter inside.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:55 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Love my Bosch too BUT because it doesn't have that heat cycle, things tend to come out wet. This is not particular to Bosch. Seems like most newer models in an effort to be "green" just don't heat to dry. I overcome this by using the "sanitize" button which makes the water hotter and in turn seems to get the water to evaporate at the end of cycle just by it being hotter inside.

What I have learned is that after it has finished, I need to open the door very slightly to let out the steam. This eliminates most of the moisture but the heat remains to dry. I then close the door but don't "lock" it

Generally when I do this everything is dry unless I have not loaded carefully so that containers are upright and have puddles of water because they couldn't drain.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:02 am
So you’re saying all the newer models don’t come with a heat option and the only way to dry those dishes is by opening the door?
What happens if you didn’t realize that the cycle ended, or if you went out shopping as the cycle is working? Etc

Also, any other features I should make sure the dishwasher has or does not have?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So you’re saying all the newer models don’t come with a heat option and the only way to dry those dishes is by opening the door?
What happens if you didn’t realize that the cycle ended, or if you went out shopping as the cycle is working? Etc

Also, any other features I should make sure the dishwasher has or does not have?

I don’t know about Bosch but Miele has one model that automatically pops open a bit after a cycle

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:10 am
Miele is expensive as it's a family owned brand (I think) and AFAIK all products still made in germany which makes it expensive. But the quality is outstanding.
I recommend you to do lots of research. Do you have a handyman you trust?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’d like to buy one but for very light use, not like heavy every day use.
I hear the Mieles are top of the line but they are most expensive.
Are the others any good? am I paying just for the brand or is Miele really that much better?

Did you find a store that has miele dishwashers in stock? I’m searching all over for one…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:21 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Miele is expensive as it's a family owned brand (I think) and AFAIK all products still made in germany which makes it expensive. But the quality is outstanding.
I recommend you to do lots of research. Do you have a handyman you trust?

I’m not sure what to ask as I’m completely clueless about dishwashers. Any details I should concentrate on?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Did you find a store that has miele dishwashers in stock? I’m searching all over for one…

I believe Signature in NJ has them.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I believe Signature in NJ has them.

Thank you so much!!!
I just ordered one I have been searching for it for months!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:44 am
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Thank you so much!!!
I just ordered one I have been searching for it for months!

Lol I’m glad to be of help! Their prices are pretty decent too.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not sure what to ask as I’m completely clueless about dishwashers. Any details I should concentrate on?

I don't have a dishwasher myself LOL (as I rent)
I recommend research on the internet as well as asking all your friends family etc. I always ask repairmen what appliance they would buy for their mother and why (price is not a problem)
I find them the most reliable as they don't work on commission from sales.
Erliche frum repairmen are a huge asset IMHO.
I'm the type who is prepared to spend a pretty penny on quality appliances which hopefully will last a lifetime. Buying quality is IMHO cheaper in the long run.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:19 pm
I like my kitchenaid. Has lots of settings including sensor, heavy vs light loads etc. And has a dry setting. It does an amazing job.
Super easy to clean the catcher thing in the bottom which is important to find out. Some dishwashers have them in funny places, need to struggle to get it out. I literally slide it out, rinse off, grab the piece under, rinse off, and then put both back. I don't have to do it often- I do it when I see gunk caught in it...

BH havent had an issue with the dishwasher. It gets the dishes really clean and I havent had my glasses sparkle like that in my prior dishwasher!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

For me I needed a dishwasher that will wash the dishes. With some of the cheaper brands you may need to rewash the dishes after since it doesn’t clean so well.

I also wanted a setting for china so I can wash my shabbos dishes.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:55 pm
I had an expensive dishwasher in the home I owned, and now have been in a couple of rentals with cheap dishwashers. I can honestly tell you that the only difference has been that my expensive dishwasher fit more dishes in it and had more cycle options. The cheap ones in my rental homes have worked perfectly and get my day she's sparkling clean. Oh actually my expensive one was very very quiet. So if that's a factor it's worth looking into. I'm not sure I would pay more for it myself but some people would.

mizle10

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 1:41 pm
When I saw the title of the thread I opened it to say I love my Miele. Everything comes out sparkling and it fits service for 24. I love the cutlery drawer on the top, nothing gets gunked together. I don't know if it's better than others, I didn't do any research it came with my house.

Shuly

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 6:44 pm
I have an Electrolux. The shorter cycles (less than an hour and a half) come out wet, but the longer cycles dry the dishes by having the door pop open automatically at the end of the cycle and the steam comes out and dries the dishes.
It cleans the dishes very well and it has the third drawer on top for silverware.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 10:43 am
Anyone have the Frigidaire or Maytag?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics