Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
If you’ve had an Irene for a while
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:38 pm
How quickly does it start to ‘go’? If I wear it daily how long will it last?

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:45 pm
3 years old and going strong.

mom24.7

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:46 pm
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
3 years old and going strong.

Same

KJP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 12:50 pm
I've had mine for over two years and I love mine still! People can't believe how old it is when I tell them ir still looks new.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 1:04 pm
I have mine about 6-7 years abs it’s starting to go.

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 1:25 pm
My three year old blunt is in great condition

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 2:16 pm
Maybe it’s different because I’m blonde? Mine was great for 2 years and downhill since. I’m still wearing it though, I just don’t like it as much.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 2:44 pm
I have already mine for 4 years and it looks great

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 2:46 pm
I have mine 2.5 years. It doesn't look brand new but it looks pretty good. So for the price I paid I'm very happy with it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 3:09 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Maybe it’s different because I’m blonde? Mine was great for 2 years and downhill since. I’m still wearing it though, I just don’t like it as much.

Same here. I also needed to have it rooted and lowlighted to get rid of the brassy tones that were coming through. That affects the lifespan too.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 3:52 pm
Mine started to go at 6 months. I’m not impressed. Might be different for lace tops vs regular

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 5:20 pm
I've had two. one about 8 years ago when they were just coming onto the market and another I bought over 2 years ago.

for the price you pay its super worth it.

My first one lasted 2 years wearing it to kill every single day in and out. I wore it for 2 more years after that but looking at pictures of myself it really didn't look great. thinned like crazy and I needed to dye it badly too. I'm brown with highlights if color matters.

My newer one, hardly wore fore the first year so I'm wearing it many times a week for about year and half now. It looks really nice. shaitel machers tell me each time its a nice wig. but I feel like its starting to go slowly...the front hairs are getting a bit thinner and it doesn't hold the setting as well anymore...still enjoying it though.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 5:36 pm
I paid 2700 for my Irene lace top. Blonde. It was nice for six months, at which point I added hair. It’s a year and half old now, I only wore it shabbos and occasions. I was told I need to add more hair and add color.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 6:55 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Mine started to go at 6 months. I’m not impressed. Might be different for lace tops vs regular

Same. I a basic blunt Irene last August and by the beginning of winter the hair starting knotting and got really coarse. I brought it back at around 7 months not realizing that Irene has a strict 6 month warranty. Shaitelmacher said it has to be washed monthly with a deep conditioning to look good....but the hair has split ends and lasts maybe 2 weeks before it starts looking old.
I have an Irene (dolce-wavy) that I bought 2 years ago that I only wear on Shabbos and that one is still beautiful.
Eta: both wigs are regular caps

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 6:59 pm
(Lace sheitels in general need a lot of maintenance. It’s not unusual)

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 7:24 pm
Blondes definitely go quicker - I’m dark if that matters.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 7:32 pm
Blonde. Got 3 pcs 9 years ago.
They last around 5 years of daily use.
I still use one of them that I hadn't worn daily.

I believe that the current pieces might be different though.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 7:51 pm
I wore my first one for 5 years before I needed to replace it. I have had my second one for over 2 years and it still looks new.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:09 pm
6+ years and still going strong. It was made with a lot of hair. The wigs nowadays are more delicate and thinner so I doubt it will last that long.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:19 pm
My 3 year old irene dolce started getting very knotty and coarse after about 1.5 years. I still wear it but it looks unfresh after 2-3 wears.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels