Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
An ode to my mother

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:26 pm
I will probably never say any of these words to her directly, but I wrote this tonight:

You are my role model.

You are my role model in the ways which you influence without seeking to impress.

You are my role model in the ways you impart wisdom without intentionally imparting anything at all.

You are my role model in ways you will never know, because your words speak volumes, but your actions speak even louder than your words.

You are my role model in the way that you stand tall in the face of judgement and do not allow it to turn into shame.

You are my role model in the way that you allow the boulders of this world to roll off your shoulders because you are a mountain and they are no more than pebbles to you.

You are my role model in the way that you took the words which could have broken you and turned them into the words that built you instead, built you into a loving and soft-spoken mother who would never utter the same words.

I admire your courage.
Your grace.
Your strength.
Your honesty.
Your ability to forgive.
Your love.

And one day, if I am very lucky,

I will be like you.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:31 pm
Awwww
I just pictured my daughter saying this to me. I hope I can one day be deserving of being her role model.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:32 pm
This is so beautiful.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:32 pm
OP this is beautiful!
You might want to change the title to “ode” not “odyssey”.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
OP this is beautiful!
You might want to change the title to “ode” not “odyssey”.

Thank you! Good catch!

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:35 pm
You should share this with your mom. If my daughter wrote this and shared it with me, I can't tell you how special I would feel.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:48 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
You should share this with your mom. If my daughter wrote this and shared it with me, I can't tell you how special I would feel.

I am trying to muster up the courage. We don't have a very touchy-feely relationship, if you know what I mean.

mfb

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 11:01 pm
Why don’t you send it as a birthday card, not necessarily to tell it to her when you are around

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 3:07 am
OP, please send it. We don't always know how others feel about us (particularly if it's not a touchy-feely relationship) and your Mom will appreciate this beyond words x

(On a more general note - I can think of 3 situations where I expressed my appreciation/gratitude to people and was so grateful that I did it before I no longer could...)

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 4:21 am
YES dear Op please do write her this in a card she will be so happy best gift ever!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club