Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Regression in toilet training

frog

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 2:01 pm
has anyone had any experience of a 3 year old who has been fully trained regressing so much so that she is wetting even in the daytime. She has a baby sister of 6 months. Until then she was the only child.

LubavitchLeah

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:16 pm
Hi Frog,

Firstly dont get too stressed or panic:))
Its understandable she is regressing. Having another baby in the house can create huge anxiety in a 3 year old who has been an only child for so long. This happens in many similar situations. The way to deal with it is give her MORE attention, make her feel overly loved and wanted, definitly DONT "punish" or scold her for this, that will have the adverse affect. Kids usually regress cause they miss being "babied" and want to be "recieve the old attention" before the new sibling came. It happens alot so please dont get too anxious. Usualy it is to do with change, change can create anxiety in all of us, how much more so in kids. Think about any possible other changes in her life around the time this started.
May you only have nachas from your kinderlach!

Leah

LubavitchLeah

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:18 pm
OOOPS Frog, I just realised your message was posted in February. I am sorry for replying now. Anyway I hope its all sorted out by now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training