Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Help!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:07 pm
I am lying on the couch, 11 weeks pregnant and too lazy to do anything. I made 2 things total so far for yom tov - home for 4 meals.
My dishes are still piled high from last night, took DD for an appointment this morning that wiped me out and my toddler is coming home in an hour.
I need some nudging Sad

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:20 pm
Buy takeout.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:24 pm
Quote:
Buy takeout.

No such thing where I live Crying Crying Crying

Optione

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:29 pm
Chicken, potatoes, and veggies can all be made with just some spices sprinkled on (and oil).

Feel well!!!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Quote:
Buy takeout.

No such thing where I live Crying Crying Crying

Oh so sorry. Other option is to cut down like crazy. I'm making one type of meat, one kugel and one kind of fish to be served at all 6 meals. That's it.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:39 pm
Don't forget you can cook on Yom Tov. And on Shavuos, 'cooking' includes heating up a frozen pizza. Because its milchics!

Buy some real milchic ice cream, and you've got dessert covered. Even better, send you husband to the shops to buy the ice cream, and he can get a frozen pizza at the same time!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 2:51 pm
Well, I got off the couch and washed the dishes. Then stuck some cauliflower in the oven to roast.
Go me! Cool

I'm doing really simple, and I did the mains for yom tov already, so it's really not so much. I'm just so unmotivated right now. I think I'm going to make frozen chicken nuggets for Friday night - no joke

Also, no dairy meals here Sad that would definitely make things easier

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 3:15 pm
frozen chicken nuggets is perfect!
Some sides I'm making:
at least one chulent that you don't patchke with literally at all - just dump stuff into the crockpot
pasta salad - make plain pasta now (toddler will be thrilled), add oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and some combination of tomatoes, olives, dried tomatoes, red onion, basil, peppers, arugula on chag
baked whole sweet potatoes - pierce w fork and stick plain in the oven
roasted baby potatoes - put on olive oil and salt, throw in the oven
while your oven is on, wrap a head of garlic in foil, put oil on top and stick it in - now you're super fancy and you have a garlic spread dip!
raw lettuce and cabbage salads - nothing to do until right before the meal

Signed, 40 weeks pregnant and not sure if I'll be in the hospital or home with a baby or home and still pregnant by shabbos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 5:24 pm
Wow, Oldlace, you are amazing!
And thank you for the inspiration

I just made pasta salad, forgot that I bought sweet potatoes, so I'll do those too, and I'll make roasted potatoes fresh tomorrow.

I'll have DD make some Duncan hines brownies and rice Krispy treats and that should be it

Thanks all for letting me vent Hug

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 5:25 pm
Anyone have a good quinoa salad recipe without vinegar or lemon juice?
(those both make me so sick right now)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics