Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Turkey Roast that comes in a net? Please help! Time sensitiv

artsy

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 3:56 pm
I searched posts here but couldn't find what I was looking for. Rather not use something very sugary like duck /cranberrry sauce. And no soup mix. What can I bake it in covered that will keep it moist and flavorful-also while reheating. Last time I made such a thing it got very dry when reheating.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 4:38 pm
Use a snug pan. If there's too much room around the roast, the juices will evaporate and dry it out.

You can rub it with oil (don't skip this) and rub in a dry rub, something super flavorful. Add lots of salt since it's only being absorbed on the surface. Then lay over a bed of onions in a snug loaf pan (a 5 lb loaf pan usually works well). Add about 3/4 water to the sides of the pan (don't wash off the rub). And bake just 2 hours. Use the liquid which turns flavorful to rewarm the turkey slices in, but just rewarm very gently not a lot. You can also drizzle on a gravy when serving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey