Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Hadran in Brooklyn

Violet123

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 4:35 am
Hi
Anyone send to this school or has information and would be able to pm me?
Thank you

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 7:00 pm
Bump, would love to hear some info.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:24 am
I send there. Extremely happy. They are opening an English branch in September in BP.

I will copy and paste my posts from another thread another mother was asking info. (You can search Asperger’s)

Another vote for Hadran. It is the gold standard for boys on the spectrum in the chassidish community. Boys from all over dorm in Boro Park to attend. It won’t be like a new Yeshiva setting themselves up for the first time, it’s a new branch of an established place.

They have a very strong secular academic program probably for 3-4 hours a day. They have woodworking, computers and other work training programs. Some ABA but other methods as well. Many integrated social/emotional and behavioral programs. The boys win points for good behavior that can be traded in for stuff from the canteen. They collect cards for doing favors for other boys or giving compliments that they can win prizes in an auction. They go on a few trips and have a Shabbaton and an overnight trip they have to work towards. The more points they earn before the trips they advance to silver, gold or platinum levels where they get better perks on the trips. The staff is exceptionally caring and devoted and there’re someone to be reached at any time if any issue comes up.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:34 am
Thanks for this. My son is extremely high functioning (most people don’t realize that he is on the spectrum). Do you think he’ll feel out of place in this setting?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:58 pm
I'm planning to send my son to the English program next year and I'm davening that it's all I've heard and more. I was very impressed when I went to see the Yiddish program. All the boys there looked typical and there wasn't any way to tell I wasn't a mainstream yeshiva. I don't speak Yiddish so I couldn't make any assumptions based on conversation I overheard though. You should go check it out, there no harm in that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children