Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Puff Pastry on low heat -- will it work?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 8:10 am
I plan on keeping my oven on on Shabbos mode, but I don't want to keep it on too high because I don't want it to heat up the house. I was thinking maybe 250 or something? But I have two things that are puff pastry that I want to serve on the last day of yom tov. If I leave them in the oven for longer than usual, will the puff pastry get crispy at all? Or will it just be mush?

It doesn't have to be perfect -- none of us are overly picky, and I rarely use puff pastry so it's a treat. But "pretty crispy but not perfect" is different from "mushy and doughy"...

Any advice welcome!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 8:26 am
I wouldn't do it. Puff pastry is one of those things that don't work on low and slow. But it freezes beautifully. Make in advance and reheat.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 8:28 am
Bake it now and reheat it in the low temp oven on YT.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 8:30 am
I made deli rolls with puff pastry. It freezes and tastes perfect when reheated.
Today I’m going to make mini pizzas using pastry dough rounds. I plan on using for Sunday night. I will make it slightly underbaked and I think it will be okay but that’s really only for the kids so I’m sure it will be fine.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 8:37 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I made deli rolls with puff pastry. It freezes and tastes perfect when reheated.
Today I’m going to make mini pizzas using pastry dough rounds. I plan on using for Sunday night. I will make it slightly underbaked and I think it will be okay but that’s really only for the kids so I’m sure it will be fine.

Do you cover it when you reheat? Because I would imagine if it’s open for two long it will be get too Brown, no? But if you Cover it it will get soggy

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jun 03 2022, 9:17 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Do you cover it when you reheat? Because I would imagine if it’s open for two long it will be get too Brown, no? But if you Cover it it will get soggy

I poke holes in the foil and make the cover very loose. Or I open the foil and place on top of the crockpot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics