Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
When someone asks for a pic

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:54 am
Hi, hoping for some helpful advice here...

I needed to contact an old teacher of mine in connection with a project I am working on--I need something from her, but of course I also caught her up a bit on my life. (Just a little--she was my teacher 20 years ago and we were last in touch more than 10 years ago.)

She responded to the thing I needed, but also asked for a picture of my family. Now to me this is a sticking point. I don't have any recent pics (containing all family members) that I also like how I/we look.

What do I do.... Send a very old pic, even though I don't love how we look then either and it's more than a year old? Send a pic of me with just some of my kids? Say sorry no pic? Just not respond to that part?

Please advise!

I'm sure she's just being polite/friendly, and I want to reciprocate, but...?

luvinlife

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:59 am
You can send a picture that is over a year old Don't think so deeply into it she is probably just trying to be friendly and doesn't need the latest picture.

Sesame

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:38 am
If you don’t want to send one, don’t. She’s just being nice and would love to see your family, clearly she enjoyed being your teacher and it’s always nice to see how students get on! Can just send of your kids or whatever you’re comfortable with. Nothing is okay too imo.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:14 am
DH had a Rebbe he was close to many years ago, who never had children of his own (and his wife was also very involved with her husband's Talmidim). From time to time we used to send them pictures (we should update!) and they would go all gaga about which kids look like DH, etc.....It was Nachas for them.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:29 am
You can just write back I don’t have any family pics handy but here’s a pic of my toddler making trouble last week...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:18 am
I hear all of you! don't know why this is so hard for me...

would it be weird if I sent a pic I have of me with just my girls at a wedding? just nothing else in particular is coming to mind...

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

would it be weird if I sent a pic I have of me with just my girls at a wedding? just nothing else in particular is coming to mind...

Not weird at all, I'm sure she would like that very much!!

Sesame

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Def not weird!

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:43 am
I understand you OP. I wouldn’t be comfortable with my family photo being sent to some almost stranger’s phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette