Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do I need to tell
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:20 am
Just tested positive for covid. We were out for a few meals over chag. Do I need to let those people know or are we past that?
I feel so bad( emotionally- BH I only have cold like symptoms . Had to test for school , in an alternate world it would just be a cold) I had a little sniffle yesterday and still went out to eat. I don't want to make anyone nervous though. Do I tell them?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:26 am
At this point in time? No.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:27 am
Be a mentch and tell them.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:31 am
Tell them. Let them decide if it matters or not. Please don't decide for them!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:37 am
Of course you need to tell!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:52 am
I think it depends what the norms in your community are

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:56 am
Absolutely. Btw, I do the same for strep or flu..or even just fever. You need to tell

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:57 am
Of course tell.
If my baby wakes up sick tomorrow morning obviously I want to know if she was exposed to covid

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:58 am
OP, what reason is there for NOT telling. This way if anyone in that family turns up sick they will know where it came from. Thats all. Why wouldnt you just tell?
If your kid played with their kid and your kid got chickenpox, wouldnt you share that info?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just tested positive for covid. We were out for a few meals over chag. Do I need to let those people know or are we past that?
I feel so bad( emotionally- BH I only have cold like symptoms . Had to test for school , in an alternate world it would just be a cold) I had a little sniffle yesterday and still went out to eat. I don't want to make anyone nervous though. Do I tell them?

How do you know that you didnt catch it from the people you were with? If that is the case and they dont feel the need to say anything then I fail to see why you have to say anything either.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:06 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
How do you know that you didnt catch it from the people you were with? If that is the case and they dont feel the need to say anything then I fail to see why you have to say anything either.

My dh thinks this way and it drives me mad.

Because of an imagined scenario that you have no reason to suspect, you can justify being rude?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:06 am

She said she was already feeling sick yesterday.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:07 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
OP, what reason is there for NOT telling. This way if anyone in that family turns up sick they will know where it came from. Thats all. Why wouldnt you just tell?
If your kid played with their kid and your kid got chickenpox, wouldnt you share that info?

The same argument can be made the other way. What reason is there to tell? These days (thankfully) Covid amounts to a cold. Would you tell people you ate by that you woke up with a cold the next day?

And if someone in the host family isn't feeling great, how would they benefit knowing the source? What difference would it make? They can either get tested and quarantine for a few weeks or just go about their business as if they have a cold.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I would tell them, and then they can decide what to do with the info.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:09 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
The same argument can be made the other way. What reason is there to tell? These days (thankfully) Covid amounts to a cold. Would you tell people you ate by that you woke up with a cold the next day?

And if someone in the host family isn't feeling great, how would they benefit knowing the source? What difference would it make? They can either get tested and quarantine for a few weeks or just go about their business as if they have a cold.
Its called being menchlich.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:11 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:

This was my original thought, but I guess I am in the minority... If I wasn't teaching and testing I would have thought I caught a cold.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This was my original thought, but I guess I am in the minority...
You DID ask op......

amother
Yarrow

Yes!!! You absolutely need to tell them. They can do what they feel is appropriate. You have no idea what high risk factors they have and may need to be extra diligent to monitor incase they need Antibody treatment.

Why wouldn’t you tell them?

amother
Magnolia

But there’s no way to know that for sure, so rather than assume they don’t care about anyone, why not assume they the mentchlich thing to do would be to share and let them decide how to proceed?
I have a friend whose very elderly mother comes to her every shabbos. I will not have her for a meal because I don’t know what comes in and out of my house. I can’t know 100% before the fact that no one coming into my house has covid. We get phone calls on Friday afternoon for guests sometimes. We personally don’t feel the need to ask people if they have covid before coming into our house, but I would never want to be the one responsible for exposing my friend’s mom to something, even if she would hopefully only get minimally sick.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:14 am
My relative tested postive didn't tell anyone. My mother who relative was with, got sick so went to the Dr for a culture didn't think of at covid test. If she would of know she was exposed she would of tested. Held a newborn and went on to expose more people till she tested postive herself. Knowledge is power.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics