Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rav to ask a delicate kashrus question by email or text

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:50 am
We are yeshivish if it makes a difference.
I have a problem eating in my neighbors house but it's very complicated.
I want to find out if with what's going on there I still could and if not what do I do?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:22 pm
We had a very complicated and delicate question at work once that required the rav to assess if a particular person's kashrus was able to be trusted. The office manager asked Rabbi Forscheimer in Lakewood and he guided us clearly. I don't know if you can text or email him, you may need to call.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:24 pm
Wouldn’t you need the Rav to know the family so that he would know the level of kashrut?

How would asking a Rav that doesn’t know me at all know whether you can eat at my house?

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:29 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
Wouldn’t you need the Rav to know the family so that he would know the level of kashrut?

How would asking a Rav that doesn’t know me at all know whether you can eat at my house?

She’ll describe what concerns her and he’ll decide if it’s an issue or not. In most cases a rav won’t know the person who the kashrus question is about.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:39 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
She’ll describe what concerns her and he’ll decide if it’s an issue or not. In most cases a rav won’t know the person who the kashrus question is about.

Thank you
It's not really about the products they bring in the house because I know they are what we hold. It's more about cleaning ladies being alone and about kids that went off the derech and turn on the stove to cook.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen