Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I don’t want to buy a new stroller!!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:52 pm
My stroller is 7 years old. I bought a used bugaboo chameleon from a friend for $100. I have two full sets of fabric, plus a bassinet. Unfortunately, I can only find a car seat adapter for the newer model(s?)

I need an infant seat, and a stroller to go with it. I don’t want a doona, I don’t think I need it. I’m really not in and out of the car enough.

Someone recommended the mockingbird single stroller, but she said they only sell it online so I can’t try it out.

Can anyone recommend a not crazy expensive ($350ish range is good) stroller and not crazy expensive not crazy heavy infant seat?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:55 pm
If you don’t want a doona and really only need this for an infant seat, you can do a Graco seat with a snap n go. You can still use the bugaboo when baby gets bigger.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:56 pm
Are you sure the adapter isn't the same as older models?

Otherwise perhaps you can find the adapter you need on ebay or similar

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:56 pm
Look at the Nuna strollers.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 6:58 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
If you don’t want a doona and really only need this for an infant seat, you can do a Graco seat with a snap n go. You can still use the bugaboo when baby gets bigger.

This should be the obvious (and most economical) answer.

No one thinks of snap n goes these days.

Go for it OP. trust a 9x momma. The graco snap n go is GREAT!

fbc

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:02 pm
I have the Graco snap n go! It's great!

miami85

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:04 pm
Honestly, and I don't know your life situation but it sounds like you have other kids, I have been finding that getting a convertible car seat and an infant carrier is working better for me than a "snap n go" situation and lugging around a car seat.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:04 pm
amother [ Carnation ] wrote:
Are you sure the adapter isn't the same as older models?

Otherwise perhaps you can find the adapter you need on ebay or similar

I looked, I didn’t see anything. I can’t find anything saying it IS compatible, so I’m assuming it isn’t. Whenever I look for anything, the only info I can find is on newer chameleons, not mine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:12 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:

Totally forgot about that!!! Thanks!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:13 pm
miami85 wrote:
Honestly, and I don't know your life situation but it sounds like you have other kids, I have been finding that getting a convertible car seat and an infant carrier is working better for me than a "snap n go" situation and lugging around a car seat.
what would I do with the carrier though? Unless you mean a carrier as in wear the baby? I do that plenty, but I really do need a car seat and stroller as well.

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:17 pm
I have a cameleon 3 I got it in 2013 and my adapter for my cybex car set fits. I got a bugaboo from I think 2012 that also fits it: so there’s gotta be adapters out there

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:21 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
I have a cameleon 3 I got it in 2013 and my adapter for my cybex car set fits. I got a bugaboo from I think 2012 that also fits it: so there’s gotta be adapters out there

If you can find me a link to something compatible, I would be greatly appreciative. Mine is not a 3, it’s the original, I can’t find it any morning for something compatible. Maybe it’s more than 7 years old, maybe she didn’t get it new….her kid was born in 2015, mine in 2016

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:45 pm
Am I the only one who can't stand the snap n go? It's shaky, hard to push with one hand, can't handle bumps at all and it feels so flimsy. I don't understand when I see posters praising it, am I doing something wrong?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:50 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
Am I the only one who can't stand the snap n go? It's shaky, hard to push with one hand, can't handle bumps at all and it feels so flimsy. I don't understand when I see posters praising it, am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the graco brand or snap n go brand? I have the graco brand and I'm really liking it. It pushes well & it's not flimsy. It also has a big basket. The doona does not push well at all and can't handle a bump or pebble.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My stroller is 7 years old. I bought a used bugaboo chameleon from a friend for $100. I have two full sets of fabric, plus a bassinet. Unfortunately, I can only find a car seat adapter for the newer model(s?)

I need an infant seat, and a stroller to go with it. I don’t want a doona, I don’t think I need it. I’m really not in and out of the car enough.

Someone recommended the mockingbird single stroller, but she said they only sell it online so I can’t try it out.

Can anyone recommend a not crazy expensive ($350ish range is good) stroller and not crazy expensive not crazy heavy infant seat?

It might still be worth trying mocking bird. Last I checked they have a risk free trial like 100 days or something close to that. It’s supposed to be just as good (or very close) to uppa baby vista at a fraction of the price.

my mama

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:52 pm
You can call the bugaboo helpline. They should be able to tell you whether it is compatible or not.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:52 pm
Have you tried asking a stroller place like buy buy baby for an adapter?

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:53 pm
Are you sure you need a stroller for a car seat to click into? With my last baby or possibly last two I never took the car seat out. I guess it depends on your lifestyle. In general babies should not be in car seats much and basically only as needed in the car.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 7:58 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Are you sure you need a stroller for a car seat to click into? With my last baby or possibly last two I never took the car seat out. I guess it depends on your lifestyle. In general babies should not be in car seats much and basically only as needed in the car.

Huh? How do you put it in the car? Or on an airplane?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Huh? How do you put it in the car? Or on an airplane?

I think she meant she doesn’t take the car seat in and out of the car?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics