Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I don’t want to buy a new stroller!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
I think she meant she doesn’t take the car seat in and out of the car?

So what do you do? Just wear the baby? That’s not always practical though….and I’ve had more than one kid who refused to be worn, so I’m not going to count on that.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So what do you do? Just wear the baby? That’s not always practical though….and I’ve had more than one kid who refused to be worn, so I’m not going to count on that.

Put a foldable stroller in the trunk

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:27 pm
Put a foldable stroller in the trunk

So you just never go anywhere with the baby in a car seat?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No. It’s not good for them to be in that position for so long anyway.

gande

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:31 pm
goodbuygear.com has some type of adapters for old camelon. you can keep checking back they get in more stuff. If you want to treat yourself, they have a fox for insanely cheap now (put bugaboo in the search bar). Or you can get a travel stroller that clicks in a car seat. https://www.amazon.com/Summer-.....r=8-6

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:32 pm
No. It’s not good for them to be in that position for so long anyway.

And they always sleep through the transfer? Or they just go back to sleep?
Truthfully, either way I still need a car seat….
I have a minivan so it’s not a huuuuuuge issue to pack the bugaboo stroller into my trunk, but if we are going somewhere with the whole family, there might not be be space. An infant can go in any stroller? (Can you tell it’s been a while?)

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And they always sleep through the transfer? Or they just go back to sleep?
Truthfully, either way I still need a car seat….
I have a minivan so it’s not a huuuuuuge issue to pack the bugaboo stroller into my trunk, but if we are going somewhere with the whole family, there might not be be space. An infant can go in any stroller? (Can you tell it’s been a while?)

My babies usually sleep through. If they don’t, it means they weren’t sleeping deeply and they likely wouldn’t sleep through a doona transfer (car to street) either. Graco snap n go seems to be a good option for you.
An infant (before they have proper head control) can go in a stroller that lays most of the way back.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:40 pm
OP. Are you in Brooklyn? I have an adapter that I don't use. Perhaps you can try it on yours and I can sell it to you. It's not new put used only once I think. I have a bee.[quote]

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:52 pm
I think I saw the Mockingbird at Target? Is that possible? I'm pretty sure I did. Maybe you could try it...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:52 pm
[quote="amother [ Jade ]"]OP. Are you in Brooklyn? I have an adapter that I don't use. Perhaps you can try it on yours and I can sell it to you. It's not new put used only once I think. I have a bee.
Quote:

I’m not, but I’m there in Flatbush twice a week, and I also know people who work in BP and Flatbush. Definitely willing to try it out!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:58 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
I think I saw the Mockingbird at Target? Is that possible? I'm pretty sure I did. Maybe you could try it...

I’ll go see if they have it. Thank you. Also going to go to buy buy baby next week, or something similar, and see what they have.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The carseat usually stays in the car and I put baby in a stroller.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Huh? How do you put it in the car? Or on an airplane?

I use the car seat in the car and in the airplane but generally it stays in the car. When we arrive at our destination I take the baby out and put him in a stroller or carrier or wherever I want in the house. It's really not good for babies to spend time in the car seat and my babies hate it anyway.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not, but I’m there in Flatbush twice a week, and I also know people who work in BP and Flatbush. Definitely willing to try it out!!

I Google the model number and it's this. I guess it won't work. Bee specific.
https://m.albeebaby.com/bugabo......html

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:18 pm
Which car seat do you have?

GLUE

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are very nice baby supply stores in BP and Flatbush, Why can't you bring in your stroller there and ask them for help in getting an adapter that fits your stroller.

It will not be Gevenous Daas if you would buy from them if they had what you wanted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:29 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Which car seat do you have?

I need a new one. I don’t think I even have my old one anymore, even if it’s not expired. Ideally I’d like to get one that is compatible with the original chameleon, but I can’t seem to find anything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:30 pm
GLUE wrote:
There are very nice baby supply stores in BP and Flatbush, Why can't you bring in your stroller there and ask them for help in getting an adapter that fits your stroller.

It will not be Gevenous Daas if you would buy from them if they had what you wanted.

I’d rather do that locally, but I do get the point. Maybe I’ll try that as well.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:35 pm
I have the chameleon to maxi cosi adapters. If you can try in Lakewood. Honestly, I just got the Doona after my maxi cosi expired and it is so convenient. Keep in mind that it isn’t meant to be a stroller; it’s a car seat on wheels. Not great for walking to Bubby 15 minutes away, but perfect for errands and doctor visits when you can avoid the whole pull the stroller frame out of the trunk situation (and then retold when you get fack to the car). It is pricy, but it’s a useful luxury.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:04 pm
https://poshmark.com/listing/B.....77203

Something like this should work. It says in the notes it was purchased in 2015 so it can’t possibly be for the newer models I would think…
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics