Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Who pays when going out to eat ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 4:23 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
thats me
we dont even have an xtra $1 at the end of the month
what can I say when my friends want to go out to eat? and sometimes its just to get a slice of pizza

Having been in that situation I said no or invited them over.

I also spent time in Starbucks not drinking or in restaurants not eating because I couldn't afford to do so. I wanted to see the people and I was fine with not eating or drinking while they did - I generally just made some kind of excuse like I had eaten or I didn't feel like coffee etc.

It doesn't seem like a lot but I had better ways to spend $5.00 than a cup of coffee that I could make at home for ten cents.

Maybe having been in a position where $5.00 for coffee was too much of a splurge, I am very sensitive in terms of friends who might not have the money to spend on eating or drinking out and so I am proactive about paying for them and even letting them know so they don't decline the invitation based on finances.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 4:23 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
Say B"H that I have friends who want to spend time with me. If I go out to lunch with a friend twice a year it's a lot. I dream of friends who call me up and want to grab lunch with me.

(And may you be blessed with abundant parnassah too).

Amen! I feel nebachy saying "its not in the budget..." bc that includes finding a babysitter too...

Id love to go out for lunch with u too Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette