Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Do you know anyone IRL thats on here?
Previous  1  2

Do you know of any relatives or acquaintances who are regular posters on Imamother?
Yes  
 53%  [ 99 ]
No  
 46%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 185

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:16 pm
There’s one lovely Chicagoin poster who I really admire, and while I don’t know her IRL, I recognized thaf she is the mom of girls I know.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:42 pm
I'm sure I know some people IRL who are here, and I'm sure some people here know me IRL, but I don't know that I know them, or know that they know me, if you know what I mean.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:44 pm
acemom wrote:

Another one is a a friend I identified through her writing style, opinions and sense of humor. Even when she posts anon I feel I can single out her posts.

Don't be so sure. I've read old posts that I thought were mine, only to discover that they weren't. And here I thought I was soooo unique.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:49 pm
I think I recognize my neighbor

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:57 pm
I know two ppl definitely that are on here but only one of their usernames (she knows mine too). I therefore hardly post anything ever under my screen name and will refrain from responding on threads that aren’t amother enabled even if it’s something as simple as a kitchen hack. If I discuss the back irl, I don’t want anyone going back and seeing who I am.

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:02 pm
I'm sure at least one person has figured out who I am. Don't care much. If you know me, PM me and say hi. Smile

(Then I can know you, too! MWAHAHA!)

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:39 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Sorry!! She posted something under her username about a family event that was pretty unusual which prompted me to check her post history. It was very obvious from that, as her daughter. But it's not a secret that she's on here, all my siblings know too. I just don't mention it to her because I want anonymity when posting about things in my life.

Lol. I figured out my sil username that way

nicole81

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:17 pm
Everyone who knows me personally or through social media obviously knows who I am on here.

I have a number of imamother friends on FB, a throwback to the good old days when most of us shared our thoughts, opinions, recipes, school recommendations, and sometimes even our simchas under our user names :gasp:

There is a poster on here who I do not know personally but she uses her full name and I really respect her reason for doing so. Other than these, I just know one friend's username.

And since I'm waxing nostalgic here, I really don't understand how people ask for serious advice and recommendations on here anymore with so much anonymity. At least back then you could get a feel for someone's personality, knowledge in certain areas, hashkafa, craziness or lack there of lol, so even if you didn't know them, you knew whose recommendations were solid, whose recipes you could always trust, etc. Now you ask a question and get tons of amother responses; it's not just anonymized but also completely random and nonsense, inaccurate information, and rudeness are incentivized. Some posts are so off the mark and can even be harmful to vulnerable amother OPs.

Moral of the story:
- I'm officially old.
- Dear young ones, please take everything on here with a grain of salt and ask your questions people you trust IRL.
- And respect for those of you who consistently post under your username! You make the site a better place.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:28 pm
There are people on here who obviously are purposely open about who they are in real life, then there are people who post enough casually identifying details that you can put it all together, then there are people who have a very very specific and unique life story but somehow think they can still maintain anonymity.

acemom

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:46 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
Don't be so sure. I've read old posts that I thought were mine, only to discover that they weren't. And here I thought I was soooo unique.

I cannot be totally sure when it is her if the poster is anon in a specific thread, but let's just say we've discussed certain topics in real life and then I see someone voicing their opinion on a thread anonymously where the content sounds eerily familiar...

(Grammar police please don't jump on my long run-on sentence.... I'll maybe edit when I'm less tired😞)

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:13 pm
A neighbor started 3 threads this year after discussing Shabbos afternoon on the block. Of course I figured her out. I hope I always posted anon when I said anything remotely identifying me!

Another time I was at ashes chayil and the discussion at the table was about Lakewood and this sweet lady piped up something about imamother. I immediately figured out her username. But I wouldnt reveal mine.. Sorry.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:36 am
I know lots. I'm here since 2006
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics