Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Calling all camp lovers and head counselors!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:13 pm
Looking for awesome and exciting activities to do with my day camp of about 50-75 girls.

Things like full camp scavenger hunt, Fe Fi Fo Fum, human bingo, staff / teen camp machanayim...

Anything wacky / fun / memorable / super exciting that you did in your camp or remember doing in camp?

Please share your ideas! Help me out!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:18 pm
Also, on this same topic, can anyone tell me the best service to use for a hotline??

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:54 pm
Best memory is a carnival where u cud write candy grams and then it would be called out on the loudspeaker. Chany you have a candy gram at the office!

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 5:57 pm
How do you play fe fi fo fum?
Looking for camp ideas too but for Kindergarden girls, if anyone has ideas...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:17 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
Best memory is a carnival where u cud write candy grams and then it would be called out on the loudspeaker. Chany you have a candy gram at the office!

Oooh I love that! For sure!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:18 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
How do you play fe fi fo fum?
Looking for camp ideas too but for Kindergarden girls, if anyone has ideas...

You have four individuals seated with each wearing either Fi, Fe, Fo, or Fum on their back.

Ask audience questions like : Who's the most likely to be valedictorian? Wake up late? Eat candy for supper, etc.
The audience yells either fi fe fo fum and then eventually they have to guess who they are

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:22 pm
One of my favorite activities as a head counselor was when I would call a mother on speakerphone and the girls would have to guess who's mother she is based on clues the mother gives (basically like human guess who but more exciting and usually funnier if the mother doesn't remember what her daughter is wearing and things like that)

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also, on this same topic, can anyone tell me the best service to use for a hotline??
telebroad

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:26 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:

Only awesome if you’re the popular girl who gets the candy grams. Are you having the girls send to each other, or the staff make sure that everyone gets?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:36 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
Only awesome if you’re the popular girl who gets the candy grams. Are you having the girls send to each other, or the staff make sure that everyone gets?

That's a very good point to remember - I will make sure everyone gets one (as best I can, of course) :-)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:37 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
One of my favorite activities as a head counselor was when I would call a mother on speakerphone and the girls would have to guess who's mother she is based on clues the mother gives (basically like human guess who but more exciting and usually funnier if the mother doesn't remember what her daughter is wearing and things like that)

Human guess who! Love that! Can you give me more ideas????

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:39 pm
For teenagers?
My daughter did a teen camp last year let's see if I can remember..
- make your own razzle - they loved it
- glo stick people dancing - the taped glow sticks in the shape of a stick person on their shirts then turned off the lights and danced and you only see the glow stick people dance
- she made up a camp song and dance that the girls sang/danced every day
- paint pouring is alot of fun but not too cheap
- try dot painting on rocks
- beading

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:47 pm
My best memory of my sleep away camp was a game of life. Elementary school age. We had money and professions. We were able to go into stores buy stuff, go to the hairdresser...
Memories are fuzzy it was almost 40 years ago!! LOL
Not sure if you could adapt idea for teens. You could have make up artist, updos, massage...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:22 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
For teenagers?
My daughter did a teen camp last year let's see if I can remember..
- make your own razzle - they loved it
- glo stick people dancing - the taped glow sticks in the shape of a stick person on their shirts then turned off the lights and danced and you only see the glow stick people dance
- she made up a camp song and dance that the girls sang/danced every day
- paint pouring is alot of fun but not too cheap
- try dot painting on rocks
- beading

I'm doing elementary school but I like the glow stick idea! Totally can do that! And make your own razzle - YUM .Definitely.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:23 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
My best memory of my sleep away camp was a game of life. Elementary school age. We had money and professions. We were able to go into stores buy stuff, go to the hairdresser...
Memories are fuzzy it was almost 40 years ago!! LOL
Not sure if you could adapt idea for teens. You could have make up artist, updos, massage...

This sounds incredible... do not fully understand but I guess I need to google the game of life to truly get it! I guess its a bit before my time (but typically those are the best ideas!).. can you elaborate just a tiny bit more?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 8:42 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:

This.

Very crucial.

Or don't do it. (IMO).

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:01 pm
Cooperative musical chairs, keep taking chairs away but no one gets out but all still need to make sure everyone is on the chair somehow. Super fun!

Show your true colors, envelopes of who's most likely questions written on them and everyone gets a color. This can be done by giving out colored necklaces or something. There's a bunch of colored paper cut up into squares in the middle of the circle of girls and the envelopes get passed around and they answer by putting in the color of the person's they think is most likely to... necklace.

Circle tag, kids run in one direction to form a circle, they can only tag the person in front of them, once tagged. Really different kind of tag. You can probably find clearer instructions on YouTube.

Elbow tag. Capture the flag, Escape from Russia (Google should have otherwise pm I'll give you the whole thing)
Look into extreme bubbles as an option

DIY escape room

https://docs.google.com/docume.....vesdk

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:10 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Cooperative musical chairs, keep taking chairs away but no one gets out but all still need to make sure everyone is on the chair somehow. Super fun!

Show your true colors, envelopes of who's most likely questions written on them and everyone gets a color. This can be done by giving out colored necklaces or something. There's a bunch of colored paper cut up into squares in the middle of the circle of girls and the envelopes get passed around and they answer by putting in the color of the person's they think is most likely to... necklace.

Circle tag, kids run in one direction to form a circle, they can only tag the person in front of them, once tagged. Really different kind of tag. You can probably find clearer instructions on YouTube.

Elbow tag. Capture the flag, Escape from Russia (Google should have otherwise pm I'll give you the whole thing)
Look into extreme bubbles as an option

DIY escape room

https://docs.google.com/docume.....vesdk

Oh my gosh THIS IS AMAZING. Thank you!!!

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's a very good point to remember - I will make sure everyone gets one (as best I can, of course) :-)

Sorry, but I am betting you were popular.
Trying to make sure everyone gets at least one is not good enough.
How about, do it secret Santa style, and make sure everybody gets one and exactly one. You can have it where you need it to write a nice note or compliment about the person you got. You need to micromanage the “random” picks. There are always popular girls who are super cool and nasty, and ones who are super sweet and positive. You need to make sure the super sweet positive ones get the friendless, nebby girls. The nasty ones will mock them and popular girls giving each other and nebby ones giving other nebby ones just widens the divide.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:28 pm
Don’t have ideas to offer that I remember off hand but just want to wish you luck. You sound like such a positive, gracious person! You’ll be an awesome head counselor- director!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics