Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Moving and no school
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:04 pm
We're moving to lakewood. My husband had a job transfer and we decided to uproot the family. I have a 3 year old son that's enrolled at a morah but my 8 year old daughter does not have a school. My dh is not in a chinuch position that they can help me get into schools. His firm is a big company that moved to New Jersey and he didn't want to travel anymore so we decided to make the move. We are gana be renting for now. Didnt sign a lease yet, I was gana take a basement apt once I have a school. I don't want to make my dh travel for work , but I can't find a school that would even give us an interview !! 😫
Does anyone know lakewood school that would be giving us interviews now?? I think I called them all.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:05 pm
Does Bais Yaakov of ocean county work for you.
You call schools. Tell them story. Ask for application. Call vaad.
Find new schools.
Spaces open.

We are from an original lkwd school. Got into school we didn’t apply to in august. Kids stay back, move forward. Spots are also left open for last minutes.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:05 pm
Please don't move without a school! Don't do it to yourself, to your daughter, to the schools. Many people travel for work, it's not the end of the world. But don't move if you don't have a school. That's not right.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:07 pm
NJ has a lot of frum communities. Is there a reason that lakewood is your only option?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:10 pm
What do you mean you got into a school you didn't apply to ?
What does the vaad do ? Who is the vaad ?
Ocean county I applied to , however it is too modern for us. Won't fit our hashkafos.
I didn't sign on an apt yet because I don't have a school. I didn't want to make my dh travel another year but if I don't have a school he will have no choice. I want to try very hard to find a school. Nobody is even calling back with interviews.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:12 pm
Well the firm is in brick which is near lakewood . Where else would I go ? What other communities that has a frum bais yaakov school ?

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:13 pm
What part of NJ is your husbands job?

It can be a few hours away from Lakewood and still be in NJ

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:14 pm
Did you call every single school? Did you try meoros and bnos bracha? Do you know anyone in any school? Sometimes a current parent can get you an interview.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:16 pm
I tried bnos bracha . Never heard of meoros. Bnos bracha keeps telling me they are looking into the application. What else can I do ? Can I demand an interview ? Most schools told me they are full but bnos bracha is kind of just ignoring.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:17 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
What part of NJ is your husbands job?

It can be a few hours away from Lakewood and still be in NJ

His job is in brick nj

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tried bnos bracha . Never heard of meoros. Bnos bracha keeps telling me they are looking into the application. What else can I do ? Can I demand an interview ? Most schools told me they are full but bnos bracha is kind of just ignoring.

Keep reminding them and also try meoros it’s a good school.

amother
Cerise

amother [ OP ] wrote:

If they are looking that us a good sign. Keep calling. You can’t demand. But call nicely for update.
I meant we didn’t get into schools we applied to so had to go to a random school. Many ppl do that.
There is a vaad that helps find free spots in schools and squeezes kids on.
If there is a new school this year opening it may be easier there

amother
Garnet

amother [ OP ] wrote:
His job is in brick nj

That makes sense why you are moving to Lakewood, I am very sorry that I can't help you in any real way

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:28 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
Did you call every single school? Did you try meoros and bnos bracha? Do you know anyone in any school? Sometimes a current parent can get you an interview.
my sister had the same issue with her daughter.
No one looked at her application, some didn't even want to give her an application.
There was one school who agreed to accept her for a ton of $$
My sister ended up moving to Lakewood but her daughter is traveling to Boro Park to school. She's not an 8 year old obviously.. but the school situation in Lakewood is terrible. Maybe try the vaad Lakewoodhighschoolvaad@gmail.com this is for the high school, maybe they can give you the contact info for elementary school girls.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:29 pm
You can try bnos penina.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:30 pm
I get it I had to move too. It took a lot of patience and calls. They took us in August.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:36 pm
Maybe try bnos Haddasah?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:41 pm
Thank you. I tried bnos penina and didn't get an interview.
It's very frustrating. Are the schools open in the summer ? I feel like if I don't get an interview before the year is over then forget it.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:42 pm
It's not that far to travel from Lakewood to Brooklyn & vice versa.
If you can't find a school, don't move.
I say this as someone whose spouse traveled & still travels way further than an hour drive every day...
Many people from Lakewood travel to Manhattan every day, without moving there.
Why do people wake up in June & expect already full classes to take your kids in next year, when you don't even have to move?
Yes, I'm being rude & unsympathetic.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:42 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Maybe try bnos Haddasah?

I didn't. I'll Google them. Is there an easy chance there ?
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children