Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Mold discoloration removal

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:37 pm
I have sheets that a kid threw up on. Since it was right before Yom Tov/Shabbos they sat for 3 days unwashed. I hand washed them and got all the mold off that was growing. I am positive the mold is totally removed since it is humid where I live and nothing grew back in the past few days. The thing is, the mold left the sheet with colored spots all over where it stained the sheet. There is no mold left, only red and black spots of discoloration. How do I remove the stains? I didn't put it in the dryer yet, just hung to dry.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:00 pm
Throw it out....sorry... don't mess with mold

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:07 pm
The colored spots actually sound like the mold is still just, just the surface washed off.

snooper86

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 3:36 am
Sorry but if advise you to throw it out no matter the cost. We had a major mold issue in a damp apartment and had to throw out a ton of things and spent a fortune professionally cleaning expensive items like Sheva Brachos dresses. (I guess I’m sort of contradicting myself, but our mold wasn’t pieces but spots so the cleaners said they can’t take care of it) We even moved apartments because of it. It’s not worth the headache.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 4:00 am
snooper86 wrote:
Sorry but if advise you to throw it out no matter the cost. We had a major mold issue in a damp apartment and had to throw out a ton of things and spent a fortune professionally cleaning expensive items like Sheva Brachos dresses. (I guess I’m sort of contradicting myself, but our mold wasn’t pieces but spots so the cleaners said they can’t take care of it) We even moved apartments because of it. It’s not worth the headache.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 4:01 am
Did you try bleach?

If that doesn't work, throw it out. The cost of the sheet is nothing compared to the risk of your toddler sleeping on moldy sheets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics