Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
EI physical Therapy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:13 pm
My baby has low muscle tone. Who do I contact for physical therapy and how does process work?

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:53 pm
Call early intervention 888-653-4463 and discuss your concerns, they will have someone contact you to set up an evaluation. All evaluations in ocean county are done by sunny days. Once the evaluation is completed and services are recommended it will be assigned to an agency for treating therapists. You can't choose your agency (unlike in NY) but if there is one that you know you want you can call them and ask them to look out for your case. It doesn't mean they will get it but at least they will try....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:39 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
Call early intervention 888-653-4463 and discuss your concerns, they will have someone contact you to set up an evaluation. All evaluations in ocean county are done by sunny days. Once the evaluation is completed and services are recommended it will be assigned to an agency for treating therapists. You can't choose your agency (unlike in NY) but if there is one that you know you want you can call them and ask them to look out for your case. It doesn't mean they will get it but at least they will try....

Thanks for info!
Any idea how long the process takes?
Also which agency do u recommend I try?

cupcake123

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:41 pm
There is a long waiting list for pt so call as soon as you can
Good luck!

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for info!

I would say about a month from the beginning till you start services.
And don't worry about the agency. Just apply, get evaluated, and let your case be sent out.

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for info!

There are many agencies and it's also mazel that the therapist you get is a good match for your child. I'm connected mostly with children with a diagnosis so most parents I know like BATA and Schi but there are parents who have been happy with other agencies too. Once you get a therapist be as involved as you can and trust your intuition. A mother's gut knows a lot.
As someone said previously, sometimes there can be a wait for a PT to be available so it's good that you are starting now.
Do you have any other developmental concerns? OT, speech or even for DI (developmental intervention which works on play, social, prelanguage skills etc)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries