Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Can you please help me -baby red potatoes?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 11:21 am
Looking for easy flavorful healthy (stays moist) recipe for baby red potatoes.
Prefer to leave them whole (That's sort of the point of buying the baby potatoes I thought) and really prefer not to parboil first, unless it is really necessary/makes a big difference
TIA!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 11:33 am
On the stovetop with tons of sautéed onions and parlsey (fresh or dried). Really delicious. Reheats well. Doesn't dry put.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....80366

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 11:53 am
How would I then reheat this later in the day in the oven before Shabbos- transfer to a pan covered and heat in oven?? Thank you!

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:07 pm
In a pan (I usually use the 5# disposable for this but depends how many you are making) with some olive oil, salt & whole garlic cloves (peeled). Cover and roast until soft (I usually leave them in quite a while but if I’m running late I think they’re ready in about an hour). Reheats beautifully (on blech). Everyone loves them! (Btw they are very forgiving temperature wise- whatever temp other stuff in the oven needs)

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:10 pm
I bake it in the oven. I chop onions and garlic and put in a pan with olive oil. After a few minutes I add some yellow or red pepper strips and the potatoes. I do half them, cuz I like a crisp. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and parsley flakes. Bake it at 400 for about 1.5 hours.

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:42 pm
There is a recipe on kosher.com for roasted rosemary baby potatoes. It's really easy and good. I roast them on Friday and then leave them uncovered on top of an upside down pan on the hotplate

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:58 pm
I roast baby potatoes with coarsely chopped shallots. Toss with olive oil, then season with mustard, salt and pepper, and onion and garlic powder.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How would I then reheat this later in the day in the oven before Shabbos- transfer to a pan covered and heat in oven?? Thank you!

Yes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking