Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Matt Walsh "What is a Woman"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:09 pm
Wooooow I just finished watching it.

Some parts made me laugh.
But I started shaking uncontrollably when the pediatrician who medically transitioned hundreds of young children accused Matt of being malignant and harmful for using the word drugs about hormone blockers.
Miriam Grossman is a very brave woman.
The woman who had 7 surgeries to look like a man and said, "this ideology got me when I was 42. Your children have no chance," made me cry.
I didn't expect it to be as gut wrenching as it was.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:55 pm
I listen to Matt Walsh's Podcast almost every day and he has a very distinct sense of humor that I really enjoy.
You can't listen to just one of his podcasts, or some random clips of him speaking and make assumptions about him because he's sometimes being sarcastic or humorous but doesn't change his tone of voice while doing so.
Any of you claiming that he's a misogynist could you please give me some examples.

sushilover

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 12:47 am
I really hope I'll be proven wrong, but I think that within a few weeks, articles will come out with frum or formerly frum Jewish women denouncing Dr. Miriam Grossman and her book for Jewish girls as somehow problematic.
They'll have to find some way to discredit her.

bgr8ful

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 12:54 am
I had seen some clips of the documentary before, but I'm watching it now and gosh it's even worse than I was expecting.
Some of it is downright scary.
It's insane how far down this has spiraled.

And Matt Walsh's deadpan humor is spot on lol.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 12:55 am
sushilover wrote:
I really hope I'll be proven wrong, but I think that within a few weeks, articles will come out with frum or formerly frum Jewish women denouncing Dr. Miriam Grossman and her book for Jewish girls as somehow problematic.
They'll have to find some way to discredit her.

Probably. Or they'll bring up some extreme and purposely distorted version the laws of taharat hamishpacha and say that this woman sticks to these crazy antiquated Orthodox laws, so how can you trust somebody like this to be an authority on little girls' maturity? And taharat hamishpacha is also some sort of "grooming," blah blah blah.

(Just a guess.)

asmileaday

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:10 am
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Wooooow I just finished watching it.

Some parts made me laugh.
But I started shaking uncontrollably when the pediatrician who medically transitioned hundreds of young children accused Matt of being malignant and harmful for using the word drugs about hormone blockers.
Miriam Grossman is a very brave woman.
The woman who had 7 surgeries to look like a man and said, "this ideology got me when I was 42. Your children have no chance," made me cry.
I didn't expect it to be as gut wrenching as it was.

My thoughts exactly.

I just finished watching it and I'm feeling all kinds of feelings.
I knew that in general I was sheltering myself from what the world has unfortunately become in this area, but wow I did not know that it's this bad. I'm shaking.
I feel like vomiting.
I feel like we're right back to Dor Hamabil/Dor Haflugah.

I try to be accepting and keep an open mind. But my gosh this is way too much. And to think that there are medical professionals, pediatricians and hospitals pushing this agenda? This is so frightening.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:50 pm
I always think that if I lived in a secular world, my amazing nine year old ds would be "living as a girl" because when he was younger he always played with dolls, his best friends were girls, he identified with the female doll at a therapist's office, he never played with boy toys... But BH for Torah hashkafa. He is a really well adjusted boy today, thank you very much.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:53 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
I always think that if I lived in a secular world, my amazing nine year old ds would be "living as a girl" because when he was younger he always played with dolls, his best friends were girls, he identified with the female doll at a therapist's office, he never played with boy toys... But BH for Torah hashkafa. He is a really well adjusted boy today, thank you very much.
This

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:58 pm

Right???? My 14 year old son still has feminine tendencies. He notices if I wear new clothing. When he was younger he loved playing with my hair mannequins (I'm a stylist). He notices when my makeup and my nails are done.
He's still very much a boy. He learns and plays sports and is a healthy male. I shudder to think what secular society's ideas would've done to him.

What is wrong with a male having feminine tendencies or a female having masculine ones? Why do they need to surgically or non surgically turn into the other gender???

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:00 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Right???? My 14 year old son still has feminine tendencies. He notices if I wear new clothing. When he was younger he loved playing with my hair mannequins (I'm a stylist). He notices when my makeup and my nails are done.
He's still very much a boy. He learns and plays sports and is a healthy male. I shudder to think what secular society's ideas would've done to him.

What is wrong with a male having feminine tendencies or a female having masculine ones? Why do they need to surgically or non surgically turn into the other gender???
They are actually forcing them to be something to 'fit' their agenda. Nothing more, nothing less. It has nothing to do with the childs choice.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:02 pm
Same the other way around with my now 12 yo sister. Her first few birthday presents were builders sets and train tracks, and she called herself "Yossi" or "Zevi" or whatever the boy's name of the day was. Now the only present she'll accept for any occasion is a new charm for her Pandora bracelet lol.

tbh, I still setting up elaborate train tracks, and diy-ing furniture with all the tools. Hm... wonder what that makes me?

Honestly, what was wrong with "tomboy"? I'm fully female and have a personality that tends towards more male expectations. What's wrong with that??

hodeez

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:27 pm
Left:"girls can do anything, don't stick us in one box"
Also left: "boy likes pink and plays with dolls, must be a girl"

Logic 👏👏

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:59 pm
hodeez wrote:
Left:"girls can do anything, don't stick us in one box"
Also left: "boy likes pink and plays with dolls, must be a girl"

Logic 👏👏

This. They are the closed minded ones who think that a boy needs to transition if they like "girl stuff". Same for girls, if they like cars, must be a boy? LOL.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 3:11 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Are these generalizations due to learned behavior?

I know that everyone here likes to negate social constructs, but are boys being subliminally taught that they need to be manly and rough?

I wonder how many of the above mentioned generalizations would apply if we were to remove social constructs.

It is not "social constructs" - it is how men and women are wired.

Male monkeys prefer to play with cars and trucks and female monkeys with dolls.

It is innate.

Of course there are Exceptions but they are EXCEPTIONS and the rule.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 3:13 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Same the other way around with my now 12 yo sister. Her first few birthday presents were builders sets and train tracks, and she called herself "Yossi" or "Zevi" or whatever the boy's name of the day was. Now the only present she'll accept for any occasion is a new charm for her Pandora bracelet lol.

tbh, I still setting up elaborate train tracks, and diy-ing furniture with all the tools. Hm... wonder what that makes me?

Honestly, what was wrong with "tomboy"? I'm fully female and have a personality that tends towards more male expectations. What's wrong with that??

Yes there was always a sizable minority (10% ?) of masculine females (tomboys)

and effiminate males.

But that doesn't make them the opposite gender.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 4:07 pm
Society is taking mental illness and is normalizing it.

If an anorexic thinks she is fat, do doctors tell her to lose more weight?

If a schizophrenic person thinks he is the president, do we put him in the oval office?

If a child thinks of believes they are the opposite gender, you get them psychological help. Not put him on a dress of chop off his private part and give him hormones. Thats sick!!

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 4:28 pm
Where can I watch it
Link in this thread is no longer available

Alternative

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 4:46 pm

BH also for fluid gender roles. If he lived in a family that mocked, derided and even abused him for displaying 'feminine' characteristics, then he would not have turned out so well.

I agree that there are some innate, biological differences between the genders. But no one knows exactly what they are, and they change from culture to culture and from era to era. It is pointless to put too much stock by them.

I think emphasizing gender differences too much can cause trans issues. Because anyone who doesn't fit into that box feels they need to be the other gender.

Reminds me of those primitive cultures where women who wanted or needed to work, had to outwardly 'transition' to present as male, and lived like that for decades. Because it was unfathomable that a woman-woman would be doing man's work. That is not a healthy culture.

bgr8ful

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:25 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Where can I watch it
Link in this thread is no longer available

Thedailywire.com
You’ll need to pay for an insiders subscription though.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:52 pm
My 3 year old cousin was the youngest girl in the family and had 2 boys above her. She was obsessed with yarmulkas and tzitzis and insisted on wearing them all the time. She said she was a boy. And they let her have her fantasy. It lasted a few months and then she went on to the next thing. Today she is a beautiful feminine woman in her 30s. She actually chose a feminine career in caretaking.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics