Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Women's gathering
  Previous  1  2  3   14  15  16  Next

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:16 pm
tons of schools are taking their girls

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:20 pm
It's been bothering me too. What does 40,000 women mean? Where did they get that number from? And mostly, who's speaking? None of the ads say the names of the speakers. They just say gedolim, popular speakers etc. Trying to convince me to come to something I know nothing about, spend a full night with an hour of driving each way...

benny

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:34 pm
I would actually love to go. I would love to be inspired to get the push to upgrade my life regarding technology. Not sure I’ll be able to hack going so I hope there will be a hookup or recording available. I’m definitely going to try to make it happen.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:36 pm
benny wrote:
I would actually love to go. I would love to be inspired to get the push to upgrade my life regarding technology. Not sure I’ll be able to hack going so I hope there will be a hookup or recording available. I’m definitely going to try to make it happen.

I'm just saying, I really appreciate your positive attitude Smile

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:52 pm
I also appreciate the positive reply. I'm more than a bit disgusted by the other poster's negative attitude. I think it's a beautiful event to attend; I'd love to. I'm imagining that other people who would've considered attending the gathering might rethink their plans after reading the cool previous responses. Some may start feeling stupid to take these things seriously. What a shame. Amalek's effect- asher korcho baderech. Laitzanus achas doche maiah tochachos. How true.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:54 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I also appreciate the positive reply. I'm more than a bit disgusted by the other poster's negative attitude. I think it's a beautiful event to attend; I'd love to. I'm imagining that other people who would've considered attending the gathering might rethink their plans after reading the cool previous responses. Some may start feeling stupid to take these things seriously. What a shame. Amalek's effect- asher korcho baderech. Laitzanus achas doche maiah tochachos. How true.

Thank you for this

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:19 pm
I think it’s a beautiful thing.
Am I ready to give up my smartphone? No.
Is there still a point in going/listening? Yes.

Maybe it will make me more sensitive to what I send. Maybe it will make me put my phone away more during family time. Maybe it will make me put timers on certain apps. Who knows.
I think it’s healthy to not be black and white about these things… people tend to scoff and say no way but we can all gain and learn.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:21 pm
Is it true there are two events? How do I make sure I’m signing up for the language l want?

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:22 pm

Ironically, says she as she types on the internet on social media.

Personally, I think it would hypocritical of me to go, as I have zero interest in giving up the [very little internet] that I do have.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:24 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
why haven’t hey publicized this? Whole thing so vague. Asking for a night out is a big thing at my stage feels so vague

Is this the big TAG event for 40,000 women that will have live hookups across the country? It's been advertised.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:27 pm

If you're referring to my response (there were a few, and you didn't quote it), I apologize. I didn't mean to be negative at all. I do think it's a beautiful thing. I was just bothered by the fact that there was so little info. And I did genuinely wonder what the 40,000 number means.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Is this the big TAG event for 40,000 women that will have live hookups across the country? It's been advertised.
information is vague on the ads. Would you sign up for a concert with the amount of info provided? Location time and theme. It’s far for me and although I am interested in more inspiration in this area I feel like I don’t know who’s behind it. What’s their end-goal. Who’s speaking. Ironically I can log online to an Internet frum womens’ forum to hear. I think there is value but it’s a very big ask to give up a night with little to go on.

amother
Wine

benny wrote:

Penimi has a program called Link Up. It's really amazing. It's to get people to be more mindful about their technology use based on what their values are.

amother
Smokey

Thank you for this.

Yes I may be on social media. But to a later poster - how dare you throw that in my face.
I can still want to grow and evolve.
I want to change.
I want to be more present for my children. More focused on the now.
Not faced with ppl picture perfect lives in my own home. And organized closets. And amazing vacations.
I may not be making major changes.
But every step on inspiration helps me take a step forward.

I get discouraged often on here by the Cynasim and attempt to pull down and scoffing at the idea of growth and change.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:29 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Penimi has a program called Link Up. It's really amazing. It's to get people to be more mindful about their technology use based on what their values are.
ooooh if Feigy Zeltzer is speaking that would be phenomenal.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:29 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
If you're referring to my response (there were a few, and you didn't quote it), I apologize. I didn't mean to be negative at all. I do think it's a beautiful thing. I was just bothered by the fact that there was so little info. And I did genuinely wonder what the 40,000 number means.

I’d assume 40,000 is the number of tickets they have available.
Or the number of women they imagine will be joining either locally or remotely.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:30 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

is that a hotline?

btw im sure this event is going to be recorded on inspire by wire

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:31 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
information is vague on the ads. Would you sign up for a concert with the amount of info provided? Location time and theme. It’s far for me and although I am interested in more inspiration in this area I feel like I don’t know who’s behind it. What’s their end-goal. Who’s speaking. Ironically I can log online to an Internet frum womens’ forum to hear. I think there is value but it’s a very big ask to give up a night with little to go on.

Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah I was surprised by the ads being rolled out without the actual program too.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:32 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
is that a hotline?

btw im sure this event is going to be recorded on inspire by wire

Look up Penimi.
Communities are having general programs, then setting up small discussion groups to meet regularly based on demographics for support and growth.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:56 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Ironically, says she as she types on the internet on social media.

Personally, I think it would hypocritical of me to go, as I have zero interest in giving up the [very little internet] that I do have.

Yes, I am right now typing on the internet and on social media. For precisely that reason, I and many others, especially those on here right now, could use chizuk and a reminder of our values and what exactly is the emes regarding this very grey topic of internet usage. Those who are completely unconnected with and have no exposure to the net can also use strengthening in this area- but me and you and us all here- how much more so.
A self-professed real and honest person such as yourself, who so detests hypocrisy, would (or should) at least be open to hearing about what may just ring true. And I don't know if anyone will convince you, or even wish to convince you, to relinquish your very little internet access. But maybe they will bring some other important points to the forefront of our attention.
Page 2 of 16   Previous  1  2  3   14  15  16  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational