Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Women's gathering
  Previous  1  2  3 13 14  15  16  Next

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:09 am
I received a note from my sons cheder that they want all the women to go, also the out of 12th graders. They are also selling us tickets and sending it home with our kids. They want us to go to the Yiddish one because the English one is not according to "our hashkafos".

keym

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:09 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
In other news.
Laugh

Can you please translate

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:12 am
Holy ehrlich Jewish daughters, do not go to the Kinus, you are not allowed to put together those who are not against zionism with those who are. throw out your tickets, don't call the hotline to hear the speeches. Nothing good will come out of this....

ETA there's some smaller blurry text underneath that I can't read well. It says something like "the holy Torah says.... that you will get the same punishment....." Can't see the rest.

Then it says "to heare the Ehrliche Daas Torah, Call....." and there's the phone #.

Last edited by Chayalle on Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:16 am
Chayalle wrote:
Holy ehrlich Jewish daughters, do not go to the Kinus, you are not allowed to put together those who are not against zionism with those who are. throw out your tickets, don't call the hotline to hear the speeches. Nothing good will come out of this....

Which kehilla gave it out?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:21 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

NO IDEA. I was just translating what the sticker says, as per keym's request.

YounginBP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:29 am

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:34 am
Reminds me of when some Chassidus's boycotted the Siyum Hashas (two siyums ago) because Rabbi Lau was speaking.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:35 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Maybe the school is too intense for you

Actually it absolutely isn't. My kids are super happy in school and I have no other issues with the school at all. Honestly I doubt anyone studied the list of sites the filter blocks and gave any thought to it. They just want the stamp and then noone asks anything else about it. I'd say 95% of the mothers have a smartphone.

EMEN

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:44 am
In other news.
Laugh

!!! It took me a couple of minutes to process that this is not a joke. I'm starting to think that I'm way too naive.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:53 am
I live in Williamsburg but would like to go to the English Asifa. My kids school is only selling tickets for the Yiddish one. Where can I get info on the English one. Will there be transportation from Williamsburg?

Zehava

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:54 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I live in Williamsburg but would like to go to the English Asifa. My kids school is only selling tickets for the Yiddish one. Where can I get info on the English one. Will there be transportation from Williamsburg?

Is this your way of rebelling?
As they say otd in Satmar go to the kosel and learn the daf

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:56 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

You probably need to buy tickets in BP.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:57 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

Probably bnei Yoel or another fringe group.
(note bnei Yoel is not mainstream satmar. Both satmar Rebbes endorsed the kinnus.)

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:59 am
Zehava wrote:
Is this your way of rebelling?
As they say otd in Satmar go to the kosel and learn the daf

It's being total different event.
If someone wants real inspiration they would attend the English event.

LK1

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 6:59 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

There is only being transportation for the English one from Lakewood and Monsey.

You can buy tickets here - https://kinus.tag.org/

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:01 am
In other news.
Laugh

K I’m not surprised that someone decided that they have the monopoly on “das Torah.”

But is this stuck onto pretzel bags?
Whyyyyyy?🤔
Is there some kind of connection between Zionists and pretzels?
Wracking my brain here lol

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:11 am
There's an article in Hamodia Prime this week. I just skimmed it. They said they're not going to tell people not to use xyz but to live in a more elevated way and make their own gedarim.

I think that the message that resonates most for many of us here is NOT to not use xyz as much as use it more mindfully, in keeping with core values.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:26 am
I live in Williamsburg but not planning to go to either one. Not because I'm against it I just don't do well with crowds . BUT the amount of pressure being put is not normal. Both dd and ds brought home forms . I got one in the mail. Phone calls from the mosed and the organization ( those calls I blocked ) a car with loudspeaker going around town...

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:41 am
LK1 wrote:
There is only being transportation for the English one from Lakewood and Monsey.

You can buy tickets here - https://kinus.tag.org/

Looks like they’re all out of stock so there’s my answer.
Also every street has its own section. Only people from Lakewood can attend this?

LK1

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:44 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Looks like they’re all out of stock so there’s my answer.
Also every street has its own section. Only people from Lakewood can attend this?

Call TAG's number I know there are tickets left to buy.
Page 14 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 13 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational