Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby likes to pull out stopper while in bath. any ideas?
1  2  Next

florida1

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 7:59 pm
my almost 12 month old discovered that you can pick up the drain stopper and she loves pulling it out and then I put it back in and she pulls it out again etc .she doesnt realize that the water is going down. today she kept on pulling it out and I let her after a couple of times of telling her no and she sat there happily waving the stopper in my face as she soon found herself sitting in an empty bath tub!!

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 8:16 pm
Smile Yep but I fixed that problem by putting the bath seats they r in, ontop of the stopper Exclamation

nechamashifra

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 7:46 pm
you can get a bath plug that screws in and you just click it in or out.

mommy2

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 9:38 pm
get some new bathtoys
u can use plastic measuring cups, those r my kids favorite

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 9:43 pm
if you get a wet and soapy washcloth and wash her down, even before she in the tub and do a quick rinsing when she's in the tub....at least you know she's clean if she makes her bath so short!

lucky

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 10:55 pm
Once they are old enough to understand that the water dissapears when they pull the plug, they will usually stop. But till then, don't refill the tub. Just rinse her under running water(with a cup or s/t.)

Kids are smarter than we think. LOL LOL LOL

florida1

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 10:14 pm
thanx
thats what I do brachad

tzivi

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 10:20 pm
freilich wrote:
Smile Yep but I fixed that problem by putting the bath seats they r in, ontop of the stopper Exclamation

I do the same thing! And I try to occupy my toddler with toys.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 10:52 pm
Put tape on the stopper maybe?

raizy

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 12:14 am
I dont refill the bath and I fast wash and soap them so if my baby does pull the stopper then atleast they are clean . also it helps if the siblings dont let him do it. they dont want to end the bath so they sit on it..etc. and make the poor baby sit at the other end of the tub.. LOL poor baby what my kids dont do to him. I think he is happy when they all go to school..

lucky

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 11:17 am
raizy wrote:
poor baby what my kids dont do to him. I think he is happy when they all go to school..

He will learn to stand up for his rights VERY fast.

happymom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 12:12 pm
I dont even use the stopper. I just keep the water running the whole time so that when I wash my baby im using clean water each time as the old water goes down.... maybe if she pulls the stopper you should try this and the bath will never empty.

1stimer

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 1:04 pm
Why's it a problem? When she pulls it out, let the water go and take her out? Confused

raizy

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 10:45 pm
happymom my sil did that for alot of yrs. otherwise her bathroom would look like a ocean... LOL

and my baby is learning to stick up for his right. he know how to patch them already and he knows how to scream if someone takes away his toys. its so funny watching him patch his older brothers and sis. and screaming atthem dadad dadd .. or shaking his finger at them!!!nununu

micki

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 10:49 pm
we don't fill the tub, takes too long and who wants the kids sitting for such a long time?
we have a hose attachment I think its called that and we just put them in and out- 4 K"H in 15 min with dressing! we never timed it with 5!!

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 11:33 pm
Quote:
we have a hose attachment I think its called that and we just put them in and out- 4 K"H in 15 min with dressing! we never timed it with 5!!

R u serious would love to see Very Happy
But c'mon bath is so much fun especially when my dd is singing and talking to herself her made up versions of things she learnt Wink

micki

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 8:31 am
once in a while I'll let them play- but the tidal waves created by the boys are too much for our carpeted floor.
(can't pull out the carpeting there is plywood underneath)

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 4:31 pm
Carpeting in Bathroom whose idea was that shock

micki

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 7:52 pm
they carpeted the kitchen too!
but I can see my remodeled sleek bathroom in my mind- double sinks, bathtub with glass doors for shower, tile floor, stretch the bathroom 2 feet in all directions, gold faucets- shall I go on? but I must have my hose!
its like the ones they have in israel like a sprayer in the kitchen, but bigger.
no need to fill up negel vasser cups

happymom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 9:58 pm
thats so cute raizy! your baby sounds adorable!! Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics