Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Anyone familiar with Davka?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:39 pm
When using text from the Davka text library, is there a way to get rid of the pesukim letters (ie. פסוק א, ב, ג) without manually deleting each one?
Like if I copy a perek of Tehillim, and I want to use the text (for kriah purposes) without the א ב in between.
I know there's a way to remove nekudos or trop, so I was wondering if I can also remove these.
Thank you!

ImmaBubby

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 10:55 pm
I’ve been using Davkawriter for years and never figured that out. I delete manually. Banging head

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:09 pm
ImmaBubby wrote:
I’ve been using Davkawriter for years and never figured that out. I delete manually. Banging head

Same. Was hoping I missed something! Oh well, thank you!

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:29 pm
I think what I have is the Davka text library, but in the Mellel version.

There is no automatic way to remove them, but there is a special character used to separate the posuk numbers from the beginning of the posuk. I have been able to use a find and replace in some applications which can search for that character and delete it plus any preceding letters. (GREP search)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:33 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I think what I have is the Davka text library, but in the Mellel version.

There is no automatic way to remove them, but there is a special character used to separate the posuk numbers from the beginning of the posuk. I have been able to use a find and replace in some applications which can search for that character and delete it plus any preceding letters. (GREP search)

What's that special character?
What's the Mellel version? A version of DavkaWriter?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's that special character?
What's the Mellel version? A version of DavkaWriter?

It's another Hebrew word processor, but for Mac.

I think (but am not positive) that the special character is a non-breaking white space.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:56 pm
Ok, I haven't figured out if I can do what I want to do, but I did learn something new!
I never hear of a non breaking space. I just googled it and then found in on davka and I actually think the concept is pretty cool!
What I can't do is delete (or replace) the space together with the preceding letters.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, I haven't figured out if I can do what I want to do, but I did learn something new!
I never hear of a non breaking space. I just googled it and then found in on davka and I actually think the concept is pretty cool!
What I can't do is delete (or replace) the space together with the preceding letters.

Right. For that you need an application that can do a "fuzzy" search or GREP search.

You can actually do it online, using (for example) Regexr:
https://regexr.com/6njr4

This pattern will look for a space character, followed by 1 or more Hebrew letters, followed by a non-breaking space.
Code:
 [א-ת]+\u00A0

Then just replace it with a regular space character, and it will strip all of the Posuk numbers from the text.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 12:38 am
Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics