Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Have you ever?
  Previous  1  2  3 40  41  42 79  80  81  Next

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:24 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
No! So glad not!

HYE been out on Friday and only were able to get home minutes before Shabbat?

Yes, when I had to go to the emergency room for myself. There was such a lonnnng wait. I b"H arrived home at the time of lecht bentshen.

Did you ever witness something horrific, like a robbery, or car accident with victims, c"v, and the police asked you for information?

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:31 pm
No. Sounds extremely traumatic.

HYE been up all night because a Simcha happened in the family (Baby, engagement).and too excited to sleep ?

effess

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:04 pm
For sure!

Have you ever raised a lot of money for tzedaka?
Extra points if you tell us about it.

rachelli66

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:01 am
My husband and myself a couple x a year collect for an older woman. She is extremely ill, since covid she hardly leaves her home except to go to the hospital for treatments. we speak on the phone a couple x a month. it's not thousands but we have collected from our neighborhood about $1000. which she is so appreciative for. we are doing now for Pesach, and we just did Purim. (also a nice amount).

HYE been driving at night and have gotten lost in the area , and did not know how to drive home? (you needed help from a family member).

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:02 am
rachelli66 wrote:
My husband and myself a couple x a year collect for an older woman. She is extremely ill, since covid she hardly leaves her home except to go to the hospital for treatments. we speak on the phone a couple x a month. it's not thousands but we have collected from our neighborhood about $1000. which she is so appreciative for. we are doing now for Pesach, and we just did Purim. (also a nice amount).

HYE been driving at night and have gotten lost in the area , and did not know how to drive home? (you needed help from a family member).

My husband and I were in Eretz Yisrael, we had just spent a Shabbos in Gush Katif (when Gush Katif was still a town) we got lost in the begining of our journey back to Yerushalayim, where we were officially staying. It was pitch black outside, no lighting, and we were driving down a narrow winding dirt road, driving and driving, when suddenly I spied a signpost with the words -

PALESTINIAN BORDER - ENTRY TO PALESTINE.

I cried out, "look at that sign - we're in Arab area!!! Turn around immediately."

The road was very narrow - it was a one way lane. My dh tried desperately to manouver the car around.
Suddenly I spied a Palestinian Guard exiting his booth and walking slowly towards us.
At that moment my dh managed to B"H get the car pointing in the opposite direction. He sped away so fast, I don't remember him driving ever again so fast.

Whew! B'H.

Did you ever lose your way and mistakenly drive into the heart of an Arab village?

rachelli66

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:41 pm
BH" No.

HYE been to a foreign Country and not understand the language spoken?

boysrus

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 1:21 am
yes.

have you ever forgotten it was rosh chodesh and missed out yaaleh v'yavo?

effess

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 2:26 am
Yes

HYE had a kashrus Shaila you were so embarrassed to ask, you threw out the item instead of asking.

rachelli66

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:15 am
Yes. My DH asks the Shailos. If he isn't around (out of country) I'll get rid of it.

HYE put on a shirt/or skirt inside out and worn it outside (by accident, of course).

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:45 am
dont think so!

have you ever lost your bathing cap or tichel under the water when swimming?

rachelli66

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 6:34 am
No Thank goodness!

Have you ever baked a cake that friends/family thought was sooo good they begged for the recipe?

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:43 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
No Thank goodness!

Have you ever baked a cake that friends/family thought was sooo good they begged for the recipe?

B"H. Yes.

Did you ever organize something major? eg. an evening. an event. fundraising dinner, etc.

rachelli66

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 2:12 pm
No. Not me but my DH has with friends. (years ago).For his Kollel.

HYE gone on a small row boat in a small lake?

GLUE

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 5:12 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
No. Not me but my DH has with friends. (years ago).For his Kollel.

HYE gone on a small row boat in a small lake?

Yes

HYE gone skiing?

boysrus

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 11:42 pm
No

Have you ever been homesick at camp?

cheese cake

Post Wed, Apr 05 2023, 12:25 am
No

Have you ever fallen asleep in a weird place?

rachelli66

Post Wed, Apr 05 2023, 2:59 am
Yes. When our car broke down we slept (a few winks) on the side road until the morning when we got help. (This was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy before cellphones). Confused

HYE said the Bracha on the Sun. (once in every 28 years I think).

cheese cake

Post Wed, Apr 05 2023, 8:49 am
Yes I remember it. I was newly pregnant with dc and it was Erev Pesach 14 years ago

Have you ever put food into the oven and forget to turn the oven on?

rachelli66

Post Fri, Apr 07 2023, 2:34 am
So true! A few times. LOL

HYE thought you had an appointment on a certain day, Got to the office on time and was told it's not today? Sad

simcha4

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 9:13 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
So true! A few times. LOL

HYE thought you had an appointment on a certain day, Got to the office on time and was told it's not today? Sad

Just recently, my daughter's dental appt.

Did you ever go to hospital when in labor and was sent home, told you to come back when contractions are mins. apart?
Page 41 of 81   Previous  1  2  3 40  41  42 79  80  81  Next Recent Topics