Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is she obligated to pay? Waiting for Rav reply
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:06 pm
My other thread got locked...
I run a playgroup from home, I'm away now for 3 days.
I made the necessary arrangements, it's carrying on in my house.
One mother text me today saying that her son was really upset today, because there was a new assistant there, just for whilst I'm away who came after the first hour. My regular, daily assistant was there to answer the door in the morning, and stayed the duration. It sounds like she called this mother to come fetch early as he was really unsettled, crying etc.
The mother text, she's going out tomorrow and won't be able to fetch early, should she just not send for the rest of the time that I'm away? Sounds like she won't pay if she does that because she doesn't have to ask me permission not to send her son...

I wanted to get an assistant for my regular assistant as I felt that would be better for her, and the kids even though I'm making a loss on it..

Her son is very un easygoing and took a while to settle in to playgroup in the first place but you'd think he'd be ok by now. It was in the same setting with one of the helpers that he knows well, and all the same kids...

What do you all think? Tia

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:09 pm
I think you should be there. The assistant is there to assist, not be the lead teacher on her own. Unless you are simply running to the bathroom or getting supplies and the assistant is in charge for a few minutes while you take care of it, that's your responsibility.
I wouldn't send my child to a group where the lead teacher was "out" for an hour on a regular basis.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:10 pm
I think she has to pay. Playgroup is running on schedule, no reason she shouldn't have to pay.
Did she say that she won't pay or are you just assuming?

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:11 pm
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
I think you should be there. The assistant is there to assist, not be the lead teacher on her own. Unless you are simply running to the bathroom or getting supplies and the assistant is in charge for a few minutes while you take care of it, that's your responsibility.
I wouldn't send my child to a group where the lead teacher was "out" for an hour on a regular basis.

OP went away for 3 days and has her regular assistant plus she hired another teacher for while she's away. This is a normal arrangement.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:11 pm

Excuse me??? Every teacher gets to taking a few days of vacation. What's wrong with her being away for three days if the same assistant is there to give the kids the familiar face and consistency they need?

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
Excuse me??? Every teacher gets to taking a few days of vacation. What's wrong with her being away for three days if the same assistant is there to give the kids the familiar face and consistency they need?

Reread the original thread referred to in the op.

amother
OP

I'm abroad for 3 days...
They're very comfortable with my main helper. It was the new one that set him off...
I didn't want my main helper there on her own for the full morning.

amother
Wandflower

That is not what she is saying at all.
She says that she is out for 3 days but her assistant is there.
She also hired a sub who comes later in tbe day.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:14 pm
Reread the original thread referred to in the op.

This is a new thread & new conversation regarding a different issue, and it's downright nasty and extremely rude of you to bring up conversation of the old thread here. I'm literally disgusted.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:15 pm

How can she be there? She said she is away. I think you are not understanding the post. She’s not away every day. She went away for a few days, and this kid is unsettled because in addition to the regular assistant (who is now the main Morah for a few days) there is also a new Morah/assistant.
My personal opinion is that it depends how you take payment. If it’s hourly or daily, then I don’t think she would need to pay for the time he is not there. But if it’s monthly, then it’s the same every month, and it needs to be paid.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:16 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
This is a new thread and new conversation and it's downright nasty and extremely rude of you to bring up conversation of the old thread hear. I'm literally disgusted.

op referred to that thread herself, apparently assuming responses would have the background info. And she also mentioned being "out for an hour" when she started this thread. Reread the op on this thread, if you missed it.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:16 pm
She has to pay. If my kid got sick in playgroup and therefore doesn’t attend do I get money back? It’s the same thing. The program is running him having issues doesn’t qualify for money back.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:17 pm
I don't think you should force the mother to pay. The factors are different...you aren't there. If you were there she would send. I'm not saying you aren't entitled to a vacation but you know this kid and you know it's not the moms fault she isn't sending.

As an aside, do you work through the summer? Do you not have a break between school and camp that you could have taken a vacation then?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:18 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
I think she has to pay. Playgroup is running on schedule, no reason she shouldn't have to pay.

I'm assuming, because she knows that I'm on vacation, why would she bother me?! I can't change anything now, I'd love not to have this extra assistant that is making this child upset but I need to think of the other children...
And my helper doesn't want to be there on her own either, I don't blame her.

She doesn't have to send her child, but no need to ask me first. She obviously doesn't want to pay. I've text shaile text in the mean time but it can take a few hours for a reply.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:18 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:

This thread was probably from the one about a playgroup leader who decided to go on vacation, it was not an emergency situation, did not give ANY notice to the families because she didnt want to deal with complaints, and originally wanted to do it at a totally different location but then made arrangements to have it at her original location.

Sorry, but she shouldnt have to pay for this because it was YOUR choice to go on vacation. It was disruptive to your student. Your student couldnt even stay the full day today. Eat the cost. It doesnt matter if the kid had trouble at the beginning of the year and "should be ok by now". The kid isnt ok with this new arrangement so why should the mom have to pay when she didnt make these plans and had no say in it?!?

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:19 pm
op referred to that thread herself, apparently assuming responses would have the background info. And she also mentioned being "out for an hour" when she started this thread. Reread the op on this thread, if you missed it.

There's no mention of OP being out for an hour on this thread. It seems like you're just here to attack and pounce because you couldn't get enough attacking done on the other thread as it got locked.
If you don't have advice for OP on the issue at hand, just don't participate in this thread.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:20 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
She has to pay. If my kid got sick in playgroup and therefore doesn’t attend do I get money back? It’s the same thing. The program is running him having issues doesn’t qualify for money back.

Its not the same thing. The teacher isn't there which is why the child can't handle coming.

Ema of 5

The only thing she said about the other thread was that it’s locked. Meaning “I’ve started this conversation before, in case it sounds familiar, and now I’m trying again.” I don’t know what was written in the other thread, but I went back and I don’t see any mention of her being “out for an hour.” This is specifically about her being out of town.

amother
Viola

amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
This thread was probably from the one about a playgroup leader who decided to go on vacation, it was not an emergency situation, did not give ANY notice to the families because she didnt want to deal with complaints, and originally wanted to do it at a totally different location but then made arrangements to have it at her original location.

Sorry, but she shouldnt have to pay for this because it was YOUR choice to go on vacation. It was disruptive to your student. Your student couldnt even stay the full day today. Eat the cost. It doesnt matter if the kid had trouble at the beginning of the year and "should be ok by now". The kid isnt ok with this new arrangement so why should the mom have to pay when she didnt make these plans and had no say in it?!?

This is a separate issue. It's rude to bring up the other thread. OP made responsible arrangements for while she's being away and there's no reason this mom shouldn't have to pay.

watergirl

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm assuming, because she knows that I'm on vacation, why would she bother me?! I can't change anything now, I'd love not to have this extra assistant that is making this child upset but I need to think of the other children...
And my helper doesn't want to be there on her own either, I don't blame her.

She doesn't have to send her child, but no need to ask me first. She obviously doesn't want to pay. I've text shaile text in the mean time but it can take a few hours for a reply.

I'm confused; you are making presumptions. Why not clarify with the mother before asking the shailah? "Hi mom, to clarify, you do not want to bring your son the next two days, is that correct? My cancellation policy states XYZ, so you will still be billed for this time" or whatever your policy states. THEN ask a shailah if she says she will not pay, IF if goes against your policy.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics