Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Red Caboose motel in Lancaster

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 4:12 pm
Anyone stayed there or knows if it's good for a family with little kids?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 7:49 am
Bump

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 7:57 am
It’s great for little kids.
But you will have zero space and zero privacy, more than one night would have been too much for us.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 9:03 am
Thank you!
Anyone else have experience?

Lkwdmom4

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:03 am
I went last summer with 4 children ages 3-14. My little kids still talk about it and beg to go back. The rest of us are scarred for life! There was one double bed that was really small and two "bunk beds" which were really wooden slabs that were built into the wall with mattresses on them. One mattress was a short (crib size) mattress on a regular size bed and one mattress was super thin. There was no bed rail on the top bunkbeds and only one removable ladder that was not very sturdy. None of us slept very well. The bathroom was very old and the floor was slanted so you felt like you were going to fall out of the train when you sat on the toilet. There is a shower stall but no bath. There are some things to do on grounds like a playground and a silo you can climb up. We thankfully went for only one night and while it was loads of fun for my little guys and makes for great family memories I would not choose to go back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:28 am
Lkwdmom4 wrote:
I went last summer with 4 children ages 3-14. My little kids still talk about it and beg to go back. The rest of us are scarred for life! There was one double bed that was really small and two "bunk beds" which were really wooden slabs that were built into the wall with mattresses on them. One mattress was a short (crib size) mattress on a regular size bed and one mattress was super thin. There was no bed rail on the top bunkbeds and only one removable ladder that was not very sturdy. None of us slept very well. The bathroom was very old and the floor was slanted so you felt like you were going to fall out of the train when you sat on the toilet. There is a shower stall but no bath. There are some things to do on grounds like a playground and a silo you can climb up. We thankfully went for only one night and while it was loads of fun for my little guys and makes for great family memories I would not choose to go back.

Thank you! This was very helpful!

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:43 am
We passed by that motel when we were in lancaster. It looked very dumpy. If your family can tolerate that then go for it. But if not there are nicer places. We took a suite in the residence inn
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics