Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Kittens for Dummies

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 4:28 pm
I got a kitten 2 weeks ago. I would estimate that she's around 2 months. She lived in a neighbor's garden for a few weeks. Neighbor fed her and pet her. But she is still so scared of any little noise. She dislikes most of my kids. She hides in awful places where I can't reach her and falls asleep.

My kids have fed her Churu tubes are are very gentle. She's just extremely jumpy. She likes me the most. If I put out my hand, she will often come for pets. That took ages to happen.

Immediately when I finally caught her, I ran to the vet but he couldn't see her. Now, I'm struggling to catch her to take her to the vet. I call vet. He says come at 11. I am holding her at 9. By 11, she has run away and hid deep under my cabinets where I can't reach her. I've tried opening canned food. It didn't work. She's in a deep slumber. I tried locking her in the bathroom but we don't really have extra bathrooms.

Anyway, is there a way I can treat her without physically taking her to the vet? I'm not even sure what I need. I know fleas and worms. She seems pretty clean flea-wise. But my babysitter found a tick in her house so I'm thinking it may have traveled in my stroller. I'm hoping it's not coming from my baby!!

Anyway, I'm ignorant. When does she need her shots? Approx what do they cost so I can be prepared? I plan on having her spayed (selling her then spay and then buying her back).

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:02 pm
How are you planning on taking her to the vet? You can't have her loose in the car when you are driving, or take her into the vet on your arms. You need some kind of pet carrier. You can always put her in the pet carrier early, when she is feeling friendly, and leave her there to take a nap before you go to the vet. I normally leave it in a corner of the house with the door open or removed, and the cat will often go in of her own choice. She knows that's her special corner. That means she is quite relaxed if I need to put the door on and take her out for any reason.

Something like this. I find the hard walls are better than the collapsible ones.
https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Car.....r=8-9

Ask your vet about the schedule for vaccination and costs of surgery. You might get a better price through an animal rescue organisation.

Fleas and worms you can probably buy the products from the vet and he'll explain how to use them. If you can manage it, you should try to get the cat there for a general check up. Some vets will make house calls - it can't hurt to ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets