Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Tfaya Baked Chicken

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 1:44 pm
This was very good and super easy to make. Everyone enjoyed it. I did serve with whole wheat couscous and a green salad.

One could make it with chicken breasts but would have to adjust the cooking time. I think the more flavorful legs work well with the sauce.

I have never had "authentic" Tfaya Chicken so I don't know how this easy version compares. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tfaya Baked Chicken

By Nargisse Benkabbou

YIELD 4 servings
TIME 1 hour

This one-pan chicken dish is a practically effortless meal packed with the flavors of Morocco. Tfaya is a sweet and savory Moroccan sauce made of caramelized onions, raisins and spices, and here those ingredients are used to create a comforting meal that requires only 10 minutes of preparation time.

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE CHICKEN:

2 cups raisins
3 large red onions (about 1 pound), halved and sliced
4 chicken leg quarters (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
Generous 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Couscous or bread, for serving

FOR THE MARINADE:

½ cup vegetable stock
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
4 garlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
¾ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon

PREPARATION

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the chicken: Soak the raisins in hot water for 5 minutes or until softened; drain and transfer to a deep roasting pan.

Make the marinade: Transfer the stock, olive oil, honey, garlic, turmeric, ginger, salt, black pepper and cinnamon to a large bowl; mix until smooth and well combined.

Finish preparing the chicken: Add the onions to the roasting pan and pour approximately half of the marinade over the onions and raisins. Use your hands or tongs to combine.

Transfer the chicken legs to the large bowl with the remaining marinade and use your hands or tongs to make sure that the chicken is thoroughly coated. Place the chicken legs on top of the onion mixture, skin-side up, and pour any remaining marinade over the chicken.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and scatter the almonds on top. Return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden and the almonds are nicely toasted. Serve immediately, with a side of couscous or bread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey