Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What was your adhd child like as a newborn - 2 years?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:01 pm
I don't know if he is just being a healthy active boy or if it's something more than that but I'm exhausted!!
My other kids are more easygoing

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:03 pm
Probably not what you want to hear, but my adhd children were very very difficult as babies and toddlers.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:21 pm
In what way?

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:51 pm
As infants, cried a lot, cried intensely. Didn't whimper. Intense screaming.

As toddlers and preschoolers, needed me to keep them entertained. High maintenance. Play involved grand ideas and huge messes. Tantrumed a lot when things didn't go their way. Tantrumed when it was time to leave the park. Not easy to distract when upset.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:02 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
As infants, cried a lot, cried intensely. Didn't whimper. Intense screaming.

As toddlers and preschoolers, needed me to keep them entertained. High maintenance. Play involved grand ideas and huge messes. Tantrumed a lot when things didn't go their way. Tantrumed when it was time to leave the park. Not easy to distract when upset.

Similar experience. DD with ADHD was my most difficult infant. Was happy when held and entertained or music was playing, and would scream as soon as she was put down. As a toddler she tantrumed a lot and was nearly impossible to distract. I have videos of her at 14 months old under a couch crying because I wouldn’t let her hold the laptop. She cried for probably 45+ min that time. But this was daily for different reasons. I ever everyone telling me that it’s my first, all toddler tantrum…HA. I have multiple children now and the others were extremely different. She also was always extremely hooked whenever there was a screen nearby, even if it was just different ads on a billboard. BH she also has a magnetic personality and always charms everyone, Hashem often makes the tough ones adorable!

I will add that my daughter is not hyperactive; she has very poor executive function skills and emotional regulation, and her mind is more “scattered”. So I didn’t necessarily see any hyperactivity as a toddler but that’s not her style.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:17 pm
Mine was suuuuuper laid back. He’s adhd inattentive.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:27 pm
Mine was a super hard baby- always crying.

CPenzias

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:31 pm
My son was an angel till about 2.5. Like easy, cuddly, happy etc etc

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:31 pm
One of my kids was extremely sensitive, fussy, terrible sleeper. Turned into an extremely active toddler. And then turned into a super chilled, mature, easygoing kid. So you never know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics