Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
7 month old wakes up most times when I put her down

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:45 am
Hope I can get some helpful tips. My 7 month dd is giving me a hard time at night. I nurse her. She falls asleep. I try to put her in her bassinet very gently. Most of the time she wakes up. So I feed her again and try again. She gets upset if I don't pick her up. So I nurse her again. She's too tired at that point. I'm wondering how can I get her to fall asleep on her own? At the babysitter she can do it. After she eats she plays then falls asleep on her own. Last night for 3 hours I had this cycle of eat,sleep,put down,wake. Its so frustrating. Any ideas?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:46 am
You gotta break this cycle. She should be sleeping but awake when you put her down. She shouldn’t be sleeping when you put her down otherwise shelll never learn how to fall asleep in her own

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:51 am
When I put her down awake she gets so upset and cries

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:52 am
She falls asleep on her own at the babysitter

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 12:06 pm
#1 Mom wrote:
She falls asleep on her own at the babysitter

Guess why? The babysitter doesn’t keep picking her up. She makes you will so she cries

Zehava

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 12:16 pm
#1 Mom wrote:
When I put her down awake she gets so upset and cries

It’s normal for babies to fuss a bit before falling asleep. Give it a few minutes. Try soothing her while she’s in the bassinet like patting her back and rocking it back n forth.

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Guess why? The babysitter doesn’t keep picking her up. She makes you will so she cries

Because she doesn't cry. She automatically falls asleep when she's tired after she plays a bit. No crying. By me after she plays she cried

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 1:06 pm
#1 Mom wrote:
Because she doesn't cry. She automatically falls asleep when she's tired after she plays a bit. No crying. By me after she plays she cried

Babies are smart. She doesn’t cry there because (frankly) the babysitters heart isn’t as soft as moms

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 7:18 pm
Bump

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:10 pm
Definitely time to start sleep training…
Also at 7 months she may be ready for a crib which is a bit more comfortable. Pm if you want advice on sleep training!

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:14 pm
Most babies will cry when you put them down. It’s their way of saying they want to be with mama. It’s normal. They are allowed to express themselves. Doesn’t mean you both need to not sleep. I would tell her you love her and leave the room. Talk to her about the new plan during the day so she understand what will happen
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics