Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you make all the beds every day?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 9:04 pm
For those without cleaning help, do you make your beds every day? Your children's beds? Do they make their own?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 9:07 pm
I make my own bed every day, unless I’m sick and therefore intending to be in it a lot. My toddler is still in a crib with just a fitted sheet so no real making to do.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 9:09 pm
I make my bed, DH makes his.

But I do it very lazy - just fold the comforter in half and lay it on the bed. Looks neat but takes under 30 seconds.

On a good day I'll make some of my kids' beds (the same way) but not very often.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:21 pm
Nobody in my house makes their beds almost any days. And when the cleaning lady comes she doesn't make them either. I mean if I ask her to of course but doesn't seem to be important to anyone in our family. All the bedrooms are on the second floor and mine and my husband is on the third floor so nobody really sees them and I actually learned somewhere works better not to make the bed first thing in the morning cuz you've been like sweating and things and it's better to let it air out so by the time we actually get upstairs it's time for bed.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:38 am
No way. My beds are only made when we change the sheets. Just so not a priority for me!

salt

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:01 am
I don't make my bed.
Some of my kids put their duvet kind of straight when they get up, some don't. Doesn't bother me.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:46 am
I make my bed and my husband's. Sometimes it ends up being an hour before bed, but I like getting into a made bed, it feels nice.
I don't think DH cares, but because it's nice for me, I do it for him, as well.
I straighten my toddler's pillow and lay her stuffed animal nicely next to it. If she has a blanket on the bed, I fold it.

essie14

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:52 am
I make my bed and DH's bed almost every day unless I am in a real rush.
My kids take care of their own rooms.

one happy mommy

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:32 am
we almost never make our beds, we are happy this way

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:38 am
I am so surprised so many people leave their beds unmade. I find when I make the beds in the morning everything automatically feels cleaner and neater and therefore I find myself keeping the rest of the house neater and cleaner as do my children

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:45 am
No... I'm a messy bessy... Noh not messy like that I mean... I'm so cluttered today I organised a few things and it takes me so much time and concentration. 😢

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:49 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I am so surprised so many people leave their beds unmade. I find when I make the beds in the morning everything automatically feels cleaner and neater and therefore I find myself keeping the rest of the house neater and cleaner as do my children

Once I'm out of my bedroom in the AM I don't return till I'm coming up to go to bed at night. No one goes into the room during the day unless my dad drops off clean laundry on the corner of my bed.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:49 am
It takes 10 seconds to make a bed. You pick up the two long ends of the blanket. Give a nice shake and drop the blanket. Grab the pillows, fluff and put them down. The end. Less than 3 minutes to do the entire house including walking to the other bedrooms

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:51 am
singleagain wrote:
Once I'm out of my bedroom in the AM I don't return till I'm coming up to go to bed at night. No one goes into the room during the day unless my dad drops off clean laundry on the corner of my bed.

I make my bed even if no one else will see it. I feel more self respect when I make my bed. I feel like I am someone who deserves to have a nice looking bed to go into at night. And my kids deserve it too.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 4:54 am
Heyaaa wrote:
I make my bed even if no one else will see it. I feel more self respect when I make my bed. I feel like I am someone who deserves to have a nice looking bed to go into at night. And my kids deserve it too.

I guess it doesn't make me feel like having a messy bed is a sign of disrespect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:06 am
singleagain wrote:
I guess it doesn't make me feel like having a messy bed is a sign of disrespect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good. Own it girl!!

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:38 am
We all make our own beds (kids included) no cleaning help. Making beds to me is basic. A small thing that makes a big difference

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:41 am
All beds get made every day. The older kids make their own beds & I do the rest. I live on a flat and the bedrooms can be seen from the front of the house, so I try to make sure the rooms look neat. I don't know what I would've done if we'd live on 2 floors, I probably wouldn't be so on top of making beds.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:46 am
I do, everyday for all beds. I cannot stand seeing an unmade bed, it actually gives me stress. It makes the room feel messy.

If my husband got into bed before me and messed up the linens I will actually make up my side before getting in

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:47 am
Yep takes under 5 minutes to make beds for 7 kids! (some of them sometimes do their own but usually most of them don’t)
I’m pretty sure most the people that do make their beds are not even coming to this thread lol so you’re getting a skewed perspective.
I just about skipped over this thread as well.

I wld guess the majority of ppl actually do.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics