Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kochav Yakov / Yad Binyamin ?

RachelB

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 3:48 pm
Does anyone live there?
My DH is going to be in Israel for business for 4 days only,he would like to check these communities/yishuvim out.
We are Israeli (DH is American born toshav hozer) living in US, we are hoping to come back to Israel soon, B"H (if the business plays out).
I would really appreciate some opinions.

Seraph

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 3:07 am
There are 5 members from the KY /tel tzion area here.
I think its a great place- kochav yaakov, that is. I'd recommend it to almost anyone. The great thing about it is that almost anyone could fit in there- theres some of everything.

tomorrow

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 6:05 am
PM me, we'll set you up for Shabbat.

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 6:15 am
DH's cousins live in Yad Binyamin, but they are moving to Yerushalayim in a few months. I don't know if they're the best people to talk to since they aren't happy there but they're very nice and would tell you like it is. I know they felt misled about the location of the place. Apparently it's near a loud airforce base. Also I think it isn't frum enough for them.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 6:17 am
It's near an airforce base and right under the 6 highway and right off the 3 highway. I haven't heard anyone else complain, but that's the first thing I noticed when we went to check it out, before even one house was started there. Maybe most people don't mind that location, the chevra is more important.

mandksima

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 5:46 am
I couldn't see myself living on a field with a housing development like Yad Binyamin once I had lived in the beauty of the mountains in the Shomron. I also didn't want a heavy anglo area. We considered Kochav Yaakov but ended up staying in the Shomron. Is price a consideration? YB was too pricey for us and the houses were smallish for the amount of money they cost. KY was cheaper but not much was available for renting and we really wanted to try out an area before we would buy. Definitely check out both places well and I'm sure you'll get help here.

You may also want to check out Even Shmuel. It is a 1/2 hour south of Beit Shemesh, 1 hr from Y"m.

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 3:20 pm
I live in Tel tzion and love it here. However, I am moving back to america (reasons unrelated to the community, which is great). I am selling my apartment if ur interested, when you make a decision about the move. you can pm for more info.

zipporah

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 9:04 pm
When we did our pilot trip KY was on the list of places we were set up to visit. We called to schedule a visit. During the call the representative said not to consider living there if we couldn't afford to buy. I was thinking thanks, but no thanks! It's good advice, but maybe best to give that advice after we've actually set foot there. Confused It comes off as being really stuck up... as if, once you've been to our slice of Gan Eden, you won't be able to resist, and if you're not rich enough to buy here, you might as well not even bother.

smiley:)

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:00 am
I am renting in KY, so....??

I have leaned from experience that sometimes the ppl like you called can really give the community a bad reputation. I almost wasn't interested in moving here bc of a bad experience beforehand. My husband was my voice of reason. And now I am happy here.

zipporah

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 1:21 pm
smiley:) wrote:
I am renting in KY, so....??

I have leaned from experience that sometimes the ppl like you called can really give the community a bad reputation. I almost wasn't interested in moving here bc of a bad experience beforehand. My husband was my voice of reason. And now I am happy here.

I hear you. But when you're deciding to make aliyah, and you don't know anybody, what can you go by except what the person listed as the representative of the community is like? And the same person told another friend of mine the same thing last year. They might as well put "A Great Place... For Buying!" on the yishuv's website, because that's what you'll hear if you contact the representatives listed through Nefesh B'Nefesh or Tehilla.

mandksima

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 3:41 pm
zipporah wrote:
When we did our pilot trip KY was on the list of places we were set up to visit. We called to schedule a visit. During the call the representative said not to consider living there if we couldn't afford to buy. I was thinking thanks, but no thanks! It's good advice, but maybe best to give that advice after we've actually set foot there. Confused It comes off as being really stuck up... as if, once you've been to our slice of Gan Eden, you won't be able to resist, and if you're not rich enough to buy here, you might as well not even bother.

Did they mean there are not many rentals available? If you like it, you'd most probably HAVE to buy?Rentals do come up there but when I was looking, there weren't any good ones and we would have to have bought right away. I still recommend the place to my sister when she makes aliyah BE"H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions