Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Buying wool or linen items OOT

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 9:31 pm
Short story: What do you do about shatnez checking if you live OOT? It would be too expensive to mail everything and have it be sent back.

Do you avoid buying anything made of linen or wool? Did you take a crash course on checking for shatnez yourself and just purchase what's local based on that? Can you rely on vegan companies to be wool free?

Long story:
To be honest it's been bothering my religious OCD a little. I've been avoiding linen or wool items out of concern. But I'm realizing things like linen dresses would be great for summer, or thinking about merino wool thermals for my kids in winter, but I can't bring myself to purchase these items due to getting nervous about shatnez.

(Wasn't sure which forum to place this in, but this seemed appropriate since it is about shopping advice....)

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:54 am
Did you ask your Rav? Maybe there is someone in your OOT community qualified to check but they don't publicize it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 9:56 am
How oot do you live?
Most larger places have shatnez checkers
think toronto, detroit, miami, los angeles, chicago, cleveland...

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 10:07 am
Some items can be called in to the shatnez lab and they tell you that there is no need to check that item.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics