Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How Many bras does camper need?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:38 am
They're $50+ a pc and dd wants like 7 of them!! Whats the norm amnt a camper doing her own laundry would need?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:47 am
Way more than you think she needs. As a girl my mom was skimpy with sending bras and I hated it. In camp you sweat a lot there is no using one for 2 days its not the winter. I had to wash them so often. I'd say at least 1 per day of the week or more.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:53 am
7 sounds like a lot. I'd figure 4 would be plenty.

How often does she get to do laundry? If it's less frequent than weekly, can't she hand wash them in the sink to tide her over?

mastermom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:55 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Way more than you think she needs. As a girl my mom was skimpy with sending bras and I hated it. In camp you sweat a lot there is no using one for 2 days its not the winter. I had to wash them so often. I'd say at least 1 per day of the week or more.

Agree. At least 7 or 8.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:58 am
DrMom wrote:
7 sounds like a lot. I'd figure 4 would be plenty.

How often does she get to do laundry? If it's less frequent than weekly, can't she hand wash them in the sink to tide her over?

Most camps do once every month, at least when I was a kid. So you need to go for two weeks.

I hand wash mine in detergent late at night, and remember drying it undery bathing suit on the line since I was embarrassed of having my bra publicly hanging up.

Edit: This was when I was 12 so about the age we were all getting bras and all awkward because it was new and stuff.

Last edited by LovesHashem on Thu, Jun 16 2022, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:59 am
Wow. I don't think I ever owned more than 3 or 4 at a time as a kid. So that's how many came with me to camp. Like every other camper, I rinsed them in the sink at night and hung them to dry overnight. What's the big deal?

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 6:04 am
I don't think I'd put them in a camp laundry, especially if they're expensive ones, because things get dried and it ruined there. I would either get some cheap ones just for camp or send her d with a little bottle of woolite to hand wash.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:09 am
Send 4 good ones and 4 less expensive ones (took a while to find less expensive one's that worked well). Also send a small bottle of detergent for hand washing in the sink.

momX4

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:12 am
I got my dd some t-shirt bras from Victoria secret. They were perfect for camp

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:23 am
I would send at least 8, probably more. You can't repeat this without washing, it's too hot in the summer.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:51 am
I wouldn't send bra's with the laundry. It's quite common for girls to hand wash them in camp and hang to dry.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:26 am
Does she sweat a lot. I have very expensive ones. I usually change twice a week. I don't find that it gets so sweaty as all the other clothing that I wear...
I would think 4 good ones is enough, but makes a difference how often she feels the need to change, how much does she sweat, how often is laundry day.
Does she really need to change often or does she look at it like a panty that you change daily?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:41 am
At least 7 or 8
I get terrible rashes if I rewear the same bra two days in a row in the summer and I'm not even in camp. Make sure she has enough sos she only has to wash bras once a week. And yes, she should wash them in the sink. All the girls do

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:00 am
DD goes to camp with 3 expensive bras and a bunch of sports bras. The saleswoman at the lingerie store told us not to put the expensive bras in the camp laundry but to hand wash them and hang to dry. I send a bottle of Woolite for hand washing bras and anything else that shouldn't go to camp laundry.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:35 am
ra_mom wrote:
Send 4 good ones and 4 less expensive ones (took a while to find less expensive one's that worked well). Also send a small bottle of detergent for hand washing in the sink.

Where did you find less expensive ones? The local Brooklyn store I went to only has expensive ones. I do not want to spend $50-70 for 8 bras! My daughter sweats a lot and changes every day.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:40 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Where did you find less expensive ones? The local Brooklyn store I went to only has expensive ones. I do not want to spend $50-70 for 8 bras! My daughter sweats a lot and changes every day.
. So buy her a bottle of Woolite and teach her how to wash a bra in a sink. I have never heard of such nonsense in my life of sending a kid to camp with 7,8, and more bras. What a waste of money.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:45 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

We tried like a dozen from Amazon. This one worked for dd's shape as the cheaper version.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....ss_tl

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:58 am
ra_mom wrote:
We tried like a dozen from Amazon. This one worked for dd's shape as the cheaper version.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....ss_tl

Thank you but my daughter needs underwire.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:14 pm
Thank you for your replies. My daughter is a self conscious teen so she insists on underwire only. She wouldn't wash it in a sink ifo 25 girls

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your replies. My daughter is a self conscious teen so she insists on underwire only. She wouldn't wash it in a sink ifo 25 girls

She can wash it in the shower?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children