Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What’s a wedding dresser?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 7:42 am
And what would be the benefit of having one?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:24 am
Another 2022 ‘must have’ like a party planner or a dance motivator.

happyone

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:30 am
Everything becomes a "needn't some point. I helped my sobs and friends. They helped me.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:40 am
My understanding is that she is basically there to assist the family.

Both with literal dressing tasks (zipping up zippers, pinning up trains, etc.) but also with dealing with all of the small emergencies. Dress tore? Button came off? Can't find the stockings? Hairpins fell out? Toddler scraped his knee and nobody has a bandaid? She deals with it.

You know how everyone says to hire waiters when you make a Bar Mitzvah so you can sit down and enjoy the simcha? I imagine this is similar. Having someone there to do the worrying for you so you can relax and enjoy the chasunah.

I don't know if I'd get one but I can totally understand why someone would want it to make the day of the chasunah smoother.

Jello

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:47 am
I've made a few weddings and I didn't hire a wedding dresser. I have a number of daughters, and they were extremely helpful in the running and fetching and helping department, and happy to do it. However, my niece is an only girl, and my sister hired a dresser for her wedding. It actually made sense, because there was no one else available to do all those tiny little things that needed to get done on the day of the wedding. One major thing was helping the kallah during pictures -- it's important to have someone nearby to help her move around her dress, fix her hair from flyaways, etc.
I don't think it's strictly necessary to hire one, though -- one of my daughters went early on the day to a family friend's wedding to do all this for the kallah, not for pay -- the kallah's sisters all being married with lots of kids, and she had no one to help her out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics