Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
FastForward for Auditory Processing Disorder?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:05 am
Has anyone tried this and been successful in helping kids with Auditory Processing Disorder?
I also came across the Tomatis Method, anyone familiar with that?

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:27 am
Yes. I'm a fan of both (I used The Listening Program instead of a private practitioner for Tomatis due to cost and convenience, but I have also seen great results with Integrated Listening)

If the concern is specifically auditory processing, I would go straight for Fast ForWord because it targets that head-on very strongly. You need to use the right hardware and follow the protocol consistently. If the person's processing is so bad that they can't make any progress within the program, then I'd go back a step and try a few months of The Listening Program or Integrated Listening first to see if that gets them into better shape for the harder processing work.

I'm a provider for both The Listening Program and Fast ForWord so I'm happy to answer any questions about how they work, but I don't have any openings for new clients right now so that's as far as I can go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children