Home

Girls going to water park. Period same day. Tips?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:40 pm
Dd is expected to get her period for the second time. She’s a real newbie. And She’s way too young for a Tampon. Can she join the trip while having a period? What happens? A pool I understand can get yucky. But water rides?
Back to top

BrisketBoss




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:45 pm
There's no such thing as too young for a tampon. Buy her some easy to use ones and offer to teach her, or she can teach herself if she'd prefer.

Pads are not good protection for water rides.
Back to top

amother




Peony
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:46 pm
What do you mean she’s too young for a tampon? If she’s old enough to have her period she should be old enough for a tampon. That being said she may not be comfortable trying it out for the first time on water park day. Maybe look into period bathing suit? Never tried it but I’ve heard of them.
Back to top

amother




Olive
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:46 pm
She should not go on water rides without a tampon, unfortunately. But any age can be taught.
Back to top

amother




Lightgray
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:49 pm
Period underwear.
Back to top

amother




Clematis
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:02 pm
is period underwear really enough. My daughter has that but I told her she probably should use a tampon if going to water park.
Back to top

amother




Lightgray
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:06 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
is period underwear really enough. My daughter has that but I told her she probably should use a tampon if going to water park.


A good one should be enough. If it's a very heavy flow day, perhaps a tampon as a back up.

For some reason, I find the water actually inhibits the flow. Am I wrong?
Back to top

amother




Vermilion
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:06 pm
If it's only her second time, it's very likely she won't get it as "scheduled" because it can often take a few cycles for things to get regulated after the first time. It's actually more likely that she won't have it when she's expecting it than she will. However, no reason she can't be prepared with tampons. You can get her the kind made for teens.
Back to top

BrisketBoss




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:13 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
A good one should be enough. If it's a very heavy flow day, perhaps a tampon as a back up.

For some reason, I find the water actually inhibits the flow. Am I wrong?


No, you're not wrong. It's a water pressure thing. I've noticed it in the shower too.

Still a risk.
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:14 pm
Some teenagers don't have room for a tampon.....
Back to top

BrisketBoss




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:17 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Some teenagers don't have room for a tampon.....


On what do you base this?
Back to top

amother




Vermilion
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Some teenagers don't have room for a tampon.....

Sure they do. Simple biology/anatomy. But as I said, slim fit/made for teens are best for a beginner.
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:22 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
On what do you base this?



I've tried several times as a teenager and just couldn't get anything in
Back to top

amother




Vermilion
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 9:22 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I've tried several times as a teenager and just couldn't get anything in

Probably weren't doing it the right way or were using the wrong type. Or both.
Back to top

amother




DarkOrange
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Probably weren't doing it the right way or were using the wrong type. Or both.


As a teen I struggled multiple times to put in a tampon. Heaviest day, followed all the steps, etc

I'd get it in and it would get stuck and I'd cry trying to get it out because it was in wrong.

Once I married I had a lot of apprehension towards tampons but once I got the courage had NO issues. Same rules as before just more space and my body didn't reject it.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 11:58 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
If it's only her second time, it's very likely she won't get it as "scheduled" because it can often take a few cycles for things to get regulated after the first time. It's actually more likely that she won't have it when she's expecting it than she will. However, no reason she can't be prepared with tampons. You can get her the kind made for teens.

At this point, there isn't even a "scheduled." Even regular cycles are different lengths.
Back to top

amother




Snowdrop
 

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:08 am
Such a young girl probably wont be ready for tampons. My daughter has hasn't figured out how to use it and she has her period for 18 months already (I did not try the ones for teens). It may sound gross, but someone told her daughter, who got her period for first time and was going to a water park, to put 2 sanitary napkins into bathing suit and if she sees any blood then she should run! Honestly, I don't blame her!
Back to top

BrisketBoss




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:52 am
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
As a teen I struggled multiple times to put in a tampon. Heaviest day, followed all the steps, etc

I'd get it in and it would get stuck and I'd cry trying to get it out because it was in wrong.

Once I married I had a lot of apprehension towards tampons but once I got the courage had NO issues. Same rules as before just more space and my body didn't reject it.


I'm not sure what you could mean by stuck, or 'wrong,' except that you didn't get it all the way in. You may have been getting the angle wrong, or just being nervous. Tampons aren't that long; a teenager's vag can fit one.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:56 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
I'm not sure what you could mean by stuck, or 'wrong,' except that you didn't get it all the way in. You may have been getting the angle wrong, or just being nervous. Tampons aren't that long; a teenager's vag can fit one.

Could it have been a septate hymen?
Back to top

BrisketBoss




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:11 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Could it have been a septate hymen?


She did get it in, so the issue was not the hymen.
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Rare girls names
by amother
134 Today at 10:22 pm View last post
What kind of undersink water filter do you have and who
by amother
12 Today at 9:37 pm View last post
Jewish DVD's for girls
by amother
1 Today at 8:32 pm View last post
Voice lessons for 14 YO boy in Boro Park
by amother
1 Today at 5:14 pm View last post
ISO High School Girls Entrance Exam info
by amother
7 Today at 10:35 am View last post
by keym