Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does a 4 year old need a swim dress
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:38 am
My daughter is going to a kindergarten and primary daycamp and on the list of things to send was a swim dress cover up.
She's just 3.5....never dreamed she needed one at this age.
Does this make sense.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:42 am
Sounds a bit extreme. Which daycamp is this?

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:42 am
Depends where you send, but if it is on the list, then yes.
By my chabad day camp, my girls wore swim dresses over their things suits. Bonus that it was spf 50 Smile

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:44 am
I would clarify with the camp.

dena613

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:45 am
Makes sense if pool is not onsite and the group will be walking to use it

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:47 am
My girls needed a swim cover up because the pool was not on site. They took it off once they got to the pool.

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:49 am
dena613 wrote:
Makes sense if pool is not onsite and the group will be walking to use it

But then a terry robe/cover up would be good, no? A swim dress is different I think.

sky

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:50 am
Is it 2 grades together?
Going into primary my dd was with also an older grade. Sometimes they did water activities in front.
They told to bring coverups if you want those days. Older girls wore coverups. My dd insisted on wearing bec older girls were. I let bec it’s not worth arguing.

Or are they walking on at to pool and teacher wants them to wear something while walking.

sky

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:51 am
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
But then a terry robe/cover up would be good, no? A swim dress is different I think.

Many ppl wear swim dresses to walk to pool.

It could be coverup is used to refer to that.

ETA - my son is in 3 yr old group - so most kids are 4. They swim in view is street. No one wears coverups.
Even girls only 4 yr old groups also don’t wear coverups when swimming outside even if ppl can see into yards.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:23 am
When I sent that age most of the kids wore short sleeve t shirts over their bathing suits. And I sent in yeshiva area.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:24 am
Nah, don't think they are walking anywhere. The pool/water activities are in the front yard, in full view of the public. But I never thought it was an issue for sucha young kid.

But I don't want her to be the only one without it.
Where do you buy a cover up even.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nah, don't think they are walking anywhere. The pool/water activities are in the front yard, in full view of the public. But I never thought it was an issue for sucha young kid.

I got a cheap one in fashion wholesalers (what’s it called now? Sage I think)

But if you know someone else sending I would check with them because my kids didn’t wear until older.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If it's in full view of the public, it makes sense that they need some sort of cover up. Maybe a t shirt is enough. Ask others that send there.

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I get them from the man with a truck

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sage.

You don’t need at that age outside in reg yeshivish communities.
Could be other sects are diff.

(Heard a story someone complained to bmg rav he could see 4 and 5 yr old girls swimming in a backyard playgroup on his walk to yeshiva.
Rav said it’s muttar - they don’t need to change - if it hurts your sensitivities go another way).

Can you call the Morah and say you are fine with her outside not in cover up would that be ok.
Bec it would be a shame to spend the money if you don’t really need it.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:40 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Sage.

You don’t need at that age outside in reg yeshivish communities.
Could be other sects are diff.

(Heard a story someone complained to bmg rav he could see 4 and 5 yr old girls swimming in a backyard playgroup on his walk to yeshiva.
Rav said it’s muttar - they don’t need to change - if it hurts your sensitivities go another way).

I think a backyard might be different than in the front, it's more public. If the school asked for it, it's best to ask other mom's what type of cover up they're sending.

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:41 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I think a backyard might be different than in the front, it's more public. If the school asked for it, it's best to ask other mom's what type of cover up they're sending.

3.5-4 are babies. My kids group is also on the st in driveway they swim.
I’d clarify with Morah if really necessary if you don’t care

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:43 am
I would not put my daughter that age in a cover up for tznius reasons but I do worry about sun burn so I am planning to get bathing suits that have more coverage for this summer. My boys wears a swim shirt and bathing suits to the knee which keeps a lot of their skin out of the sun. I would like something protective for my daughter also.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:47 am
Also practically speaking with little kids who you need to help with sun screen. it may be easier for the counselors to ask them to bring swim dresses so they don't have to help each girl. Its probably very time consuming.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:51 am
Ok never mind, the morah clarified that they are walking through some backyards to get to the pool, and there are lots of men around.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries